• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Christmas Day

tnt1234

Any chance this rain on 12/25 is snow at Belleayre? Bought tickets to ski christmas day earlier in the week when it was going to be light snow.

tnt1234

Bummer. Not sure what to do...already paid, but a long drive to ski in the rain is no fun....

tnt1234

Oh - looks like we can get a voucher if we pull the plug today.

Darn it - this would have been day one for us. Celebrating X-mas tonight so it was perfect.

Just another bump in the road that is 2021!

JimG.

Staff member
Unfortunately we seem to have gotten weather coal in our Xmas stockings again.

Planning to ski Plattekill Sunday rain or not.

Edd

Was supposed to snow at Gunstock today but nope, rain now. I had to turn around 5 miles from Gunstock when I hit black ice. Was a white knuckle drive home. Any pavement not heavily traveled is a skating rink. Fuck you Santa.

KustyTheKlown

Was supposed to snow at Gunstock today but nope, rain now. I had to turn around 5 miles from Gunstock when I hit black ice. Was a white knuckle drive home. Any pavement not heavily traveled is a skating rink. Fuck you Santa.

vermont closed i-91 from exits 6 to 10 due to multiple slideoffs. real shitty for xmas morning.