• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado ski discounts?

nycskier

I am going to Denver for 4 days in March and kind of got sticker shock at the cost of tickets out there. Anyone know of any good deals? I'm hoping to ski Vail for 2 or 3 days and maybe hit Copper (because I've never skied there). Any ideas of BOGO, coupons or lift ticket deals?

Thanks!

pauldotcom

You can find Copper BOGO's locally in CO but not Vail. You either buy an Epic pass or you suck it up.

But... If you know someone with an EPIC pass you can grab buddy passes from it.

jaytrem

Depending on when your trip is and when the Ikon pass goes on sale you might have a chance at buying a 19/20 pass and getting Winter Park and Steamboat for free this year. Not sure which areas (if any) will be included for the end of 18/19 season. Did a little searching and it looked like it began April 9 for Winter Park but not Steamboat, and some other areas allowed access earlier...

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/new...ing-perks-at-winter-park-squaw-other-resorts/

Killingtime

I’m in Breckenridge right now. Bought a four day Epic pass a few months ago. Cheaper than walk up but still not cheap. Ton of snow out here btw

chuckstah

Check eBay. There's usually lots of Copper and Loveland Tix. You may find some Epic vouchers as well but they won't be cheap.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

When I hit Colorado in 2017, I was able to procure Copper Mountain, Loveland, and Arapahoe Basin all quite reasonably via Craigslist and EBAY. In fact, downright cheap as I recall.

nycskier

The Ikon 2019/2020 pass goes on sale March 5th but the free spring skiing doesnt start until April 8th which sucks because I would have totally bought an Ikon pass for next year and done 4 days at Winter Park.

Right now I am leaning toward 1 day at Copper (I can get $92 tickets there through PlumbRewards), biting the bullet and paying a small fortune for 2 days at Vail and then the final fly out day at either A-basin or Loveland. But would really like to score a better discount than $342 for 2 days at vail! That's almost as much as I paid for my Epic pass when I used to live in Tahoe and would ski over 50 days on it!

abc

Just stick with AB/LL! Forget about Vail!

Vail maybe worth that outrageous price with a couple feet of powder (it sometimes has different weather than the other Summit county mountains). Other times, it’s just an overpriced poser hangout.

BenedictGomez

You should be able to handily beat $92 at Copper off Craigslist or EBAY. I dont I paid more than $55 or $60 to ski there.