• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain - 2/26/2008 Night

tcharron

Date Skied: 2/26/08
Resort or Ski Area: Crotched Mountain
Conditions: Pow, Pow, everwhere Pow!
Trip Report:

I wish my son had finished his chores earlier, all I can say. We arrived at around 6pm, and it was dumping. At least 4 inches had fallen in the last two or three hours before we got there.

In contrast to last weekend, Crotched was pretty much deserted. I'd say max 20 cars in the lot. Getting on the lift was easy for the first time up. No one but the lifties at the lift. :) Wish I'd brought a camera, but there where a decent amount of tracks in the snow, but not enough that you couldn't make each one of them out. I swear it snowed an inch going up the lift. Definite no lines no waiting.

One thing that was unique was that the terrain park was DEAD. Besides myself and the kids, I saw maybe two other people go thru. I figured out why during the second run. Most of them where playing all over Pluto's plunge. And during that run, I discovered the sheer bliss of a wide, steeper hill and powder. January 1st I was at Cronmore and Shawnee during the snow dump, and my legs where crying within a few hours. Tonight, I wished they stayed open past 9.

Anyhoooo, if you can get to Crotched tomorrow before they destroy all the blissful powder, do it. I swear I wanted to sabatoge the groomers before I left.. *pout*