• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Developer Proposes Skiing in Sunrise (FL): Report

bobbutts

Article

which would include ski trails at least 2,700 feet long, near the Sawgrass Mills mall in Sunrise

Do any of these actually get built? This same developer has already failed once per the article.

Oh, and bonus points for naming the ski area they depict in the article, I have no idea.

kartski

Article

Do any of these actually get built? This same developer has already failed once per the article.

Oh, and bonus points for naming the ski area they depict in the article, I have no idea.

There are some but not in the U.S.. 1/2 mile long ski runs? That a big building or a tall one with a lot of switch backs. 2.5 million people a year is like 7,000 people a day, 365 days a year. That's a good Hunter Mt weekend crowd every day on how many skiable acres? If I have investment money, it wouldn't go there.