• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dow 7K

drjeff

Well that 1K didn't take long to bleed off.

I'm thinking that some of the safeties are going to be used at some point today. Doubt the speech at 10AM will say anything of relevance either.

drjeff

Okasy, now irrelevant for atleast the next few minutes ;) ;)

Market's been open for less than an hour and we've already seen around 1000 points of cumulative movement. Going to be a wild one(again)

Moe Ghoul

Okasy, now irrelevant for atleast the next few minutes ;) ;)

Market's been open for less than an hour and we've already seen around 1000 points of cumulative movement. Going to be a wild one(again)

Direct fed intervention in financials futures is trying to prop it up. PS A little window dressing before POTUS speaks. ;)

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I think the government is doing a lot to resolve the issue but should be going at the source of the problems as well, which they haven't been doing.

1. This all started with bad mortgages, people were having trouble paying off there houses. Question, how do you pay a mortgage when your community imposes ridiculously high property taxes on you. I'm lucky I don't own, but I know people that are paying $15-20,000 in property taxes, that's crazy! Feds should impose caps on property taxes.

2. Big credit crunch, Feds lowered the prime to 1.5%, yet banks are getting away with charging loan shark interest rates. As I posted recently, GM/HSBC upped the interest rate on my credit care to 31.99% cause I was a day late with my payment. I have an excellent credit rating and this was a one time slip up.

How is our economy to improve if practices like this are allowed?

Moe Ghoul

I think the government is doing a lot to resolve the issue but should be going at the source of the problems as well, which they haven't been doing.

1. This all started with bad mortgages, people were having trouble paying off there houses. Question, how do you pay a mortgage when your community imposes ridiculously high property taxes on you. I'm lucky I don't own, but I know people that are paying $15-20,000 in property taxes, that's crazy! Feds should impose caps on property taxes.

2. Big credit crunch, Feds lowered the prime to 1.5%, yet banks are getting away with charging loan shark interest rates. As I posted recently, GM/HSBC upped the interest rate on my credit care to 31.99% cause I was a day late with my payment. I have an excellent credit rating and this was a one time slip up.

Watch what happens as revenues shrink, CA is the most recent example. I wouldn't be the least surprised if all this leads to a global agreement for major devaluation of the USD.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Watch what happens as revenues shrink, CA is the most recent example. I wouldn't be the least surprised if all this leads to a global agreement for major devaluation of the USD.

How would that work, considering the signficant exposure foreign countries have to the dollar? And, if that did come to pass, how would we be able to continue to borrow internationally to continue to finance our debt-fueled ways?

Moe Ghoul

How would that work, considering the signficant exposure foreign countries have to the dollar? And, if that did come to pass, how would we be able to continue to borrow internationally to continue to finance our debt-fueled ways?

If it's a choice between default or inflating our way out of it, they'll inflate. If our lenders all head for the exits at once, it'd be a complete breakdown. Foreigners are already lending less and diversifying outta USD. Part of the reason the Treasury and the fed is bleeding money out of every orifice right now. Just a hunch, I'm prolly wrong.

Puck it

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

This is for skiing. We do not need to be depressed more.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flame::flame::flame::flame:

This is for skiing. We do not need to be depressed more.

On one hand, I agree with you.

On the other hand:

ostrich_head_in_ground_full.jpg

Warp Daddy

They ( NEOCONs)WILL INFLATE their way out of it ,then watch them go after all social programs to the point that only the HAVES are left - TEA Party

The people that pay 15-20k in property taxes like my Aunt and Uncle in Scarsdale NY are rich and can afford it and if they can't they can sell their homes for a million and get a condo/apartment..