• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EpicMix on EPIC Pass - how do you find your skiing stats without downloading the app?

Teleskier

I hear the EPIC Mix app is horrible. Each time I say "let's try it", the fact it has a horrible rating on Google play scares me away.

All I want to do is to see my skiing stats that I know THEY are tracking on me. Number of resorts visited, number of vertical feet skied, etc.

You would expect this would be on and part of my EPIC account, next to the reservation system or anywhere. It doesn't appear to be.

How do YOU get your end of year skiing stats?

ThatGuy

I use Slopes, Ski Tracks also works. Not sure if Epics app would tell you your vert and other details but download and see then you can delete if its garbage.

urungus

I use Slopes, Ski Tracks also works. Not sure if Epics app would tell you your vert and other details but download and see then you can delete if its garbage.

But those apps wouldn’t let you retroactively get your stats for this season just ending. I wonder if the epic app lets you export your stats

Teleskier

But those apps wouldn’t let you retroactively get your stats for this season just ending. I wonder if the epic app lets you export your stats
That is exactly what I'm after... how was my season in stats.

So it's not off to a good start with EPICmix... the same login info that works for my account, gets refused on the EPICmix mobile app. Thinking perhaps the mobile app has a separate account, I tried to create a new one. Nope - you already have an account. I even reset the password. Website works, mobile does not.

All I want is my vertical feet skied, and they are making it tremendously difficult to the point where I'm questioning if that data is worth the effort. I mean, I didn't track past years to even know what was or wasn't a 'good' number, it was more to have a yardstick for next year.

Last edited:

jaytrem

Most Epic places I skied didn't scan at every lift or even every ride at a base area lift. The stats they collected wouldn't be very accurate for me. I guess if you skied mostly at places they've owned longer it might be better.

Teleskier

I wondered about that... I assumed they get the data from multiple paths... the human liftline staff do scan you AND you do pass under the big overhead EPICmix branded boxes right at the lift entrance. I assumed those were RFID scanners creating the primary EPICmix data.

This year I've noticed staff on top of the lift also scanning people. When I asked they said they were trying to collaborate the data from the lower lift.

Teleskier

OK, I'll eat my words. Vail customer service was nice and quickly fixed the issue with the app login.

Once inside the app for the first time, I have to admit it was a much better experience than I expected (based on all the bad Google Play reviews).

All my lifetime stats, each season stats, and each resort visit stats (including lift names and times) were all there for me going back years.

It was exactly what I was looking for. And I really enjoyed reviewing them.

I may actually keep it on my phone for next year.

dblskifanatic

I hear the EPIC Mix app is horrible. Each time I say "let's try it", the fact it has a horrible rating on Google play scares me away.

All I want to do is to see my skiing stats that I know THEY are tracking on me. Number of resorts visited, number of vertical feet skied, etc.

You would expect this would be on and part of my EPIC account, next to the reservation system or anywhere. It doesn't appear to be.

I have only used the app. I find the app fairly useful while at the resort for lift lines, trail info, map, I look that the stats which are basic to say the least but it does provide vertical, number of runs and a few nonsense things like buttons for achievements. No speeds.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've been using the resort's own apps to track. But I find that it sucks my battery big time. Also, the apps for Boyne's resorts (Brighton, Big Sky) keep recording when you leave the resort. So my last day at Big Sky apparently involved 300 miles of skiing. :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️ I've noticed that other resorts will disengage when you leave the area. What apps do you prefer that don't suck your battery and will stop recording when you leave?

hovercraft

I find the epic app perfectly fine. It gives you all the lifts your rode the vertical and the total amount for the day, season and lifetime at all vail resorts. Plus other goodies. It’s not the people scanning you in line that collects the data its the epic mix branded blocks that you pass through right at the lifts before getting on the chair that collects the data.

jaytrem

Guess they're still missing a bunch of areas on the App. It only picked up my night skiing at Keystone last year, and even that missed a gondola ride. Was thinking it would at least have Stevens Pass. Was there a little over a week ago.