• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2022-2023. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

IceEidolon

Sunday River had a test fire. Not that anything stuck - they may not have even turned the air on - but it's trending towards go time and marketing snow at least.

KustyTheKlown

MidnightJester

Snowmaking has commenced in North America at Copper Mountain

MidnightJester

5 to 6 weeks away till Killington Opening day for some early snow turns and spills. The race come Thanksgiving Dinner later :)

Last edited:

skiur

5 to 6 weeks away till Killington Opening day for some early snow turns and spills. The race come Thanksgiving Dinner later :)

I'm hoping for more like 2-3 weeks till Killington opens. If mother nature allows they definitely will open in October.

MidnightJester

I'm hoping for more like 2-3 weeks till Killington opens. If mother nature allows they definitely will open in October.
Someone mentioned that Killington is supposed to kick off full snowmaking this weekend and onward anytime mother nature allows.

skiur

Definitely looks possible! Rooting for it... seems like they could get in a couple more nights too... snowmakers on standby for Sat night and Sun night?

Not sure what forecast your looking at but I don't see freezing temps outside of Friday night/Saturday morning. And that's the forecast for 3500ft.

Granite1

Stowe, web cam shoot from this morning!

Attachments

• Screenshot (253).png
    Screenshot (253).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

MidnightJester

Last edited: