• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Focus T25 (from the creator of Insanity/P90X)

xwhaler

Active member
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
2,938
Points
38
Location
Seacoast NH
Has anyone here done this? I'm thinking of buying it....would like to drop 25-30 lbs if possible, get in better shape for ski season and generally live a healthier lifestyle (much less beer)
Having my son born in Feb has sort of put me in a different place mentally about things and I want to make sure I'm making good choices for the long term.

Any recomendations/likes/dislikes from anyone that has done it? Seems very intense but probably something I could manage from a time perspective given my commute/obligatiions @ home.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do
 

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 12, 2010
Messages
13,135
Points
48
Location
Bradenton, FL
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I did p90x several times and really enjoyed it but to be honest I am now completely burned out on it. The thought of putting in one of those DVD's makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Not sure what the regimen on Focus is but like anything diet is probably 60% and exercise the other 40%. I've been using a Nutribullet which I really like (thanks Ski Stef for pointing me in that direction) but my diet still is sort of lacking. Too much beer on the weekends, basically :) Add it gets harder now that the days get shorter.

I'd like to drop about 10 pounds again. I keep flittering between 180 and 190, right now I"m back at the 190 spot. Ideally I'd like to get to 175 but the lowest I've been in six or seven years is like 180.

Last year skiing my legs were not in great shape either. I run a lot but that's totally insufficient for skiing strength. Squats / wall squats / leg workouts are a must. P90X was awesome for that.
 

wa-loaf

Active member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
15,062
Points
36
Location
Mordor
I've tried the insanity program. I find it gets to be too much on my joints. I like P90X better though it's a real time commitment. A new P90X3 comes out in December and it's a 30 minute workout. I'm thinking about doing old P90X for 2 months to get back in shape and then pick up X3 when it comes out for the rest of the winter.
 

xwhaler

Active member
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
2,938
Points
38
Location
Seacoast NH
Thanks guys---Ideally I'd like to lose 20 lbs and be leaner/stronger for ski season. My diet is actually not the source of my issues but rather the largely sedentary lifestyle I lead (1 hr commute each way to work then sit for 9 hrs at my desk)
I shudder to think that 13 yrs ago when I graduated high school I was 148 lbs...I did weight gain shakes freshman yr of college because I was self conscious about being too skinny. Now at 205 lbs I should have listened to those who said the weight will eventually come on.
 

Edd

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
5,509
Points
48
Location
Newmarket, NH
For those that have Comcast On Demand....if you haven't looked you might be surprised at how many workout videos there are. There's a few that I use regularly that will kick your ass.
 
Top