• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

For Sale: Women's skis

amf

Rossignol B3 - Dimensions: L 160; waist 83
An all mountain, quiver-of-one ski. Good in powder, crud, & in the woods. Skis come with small bindings and have been well cared for. Although a few years old, this is still a great ski. If you are looking to take a step up from your older narrow skis, you won’t regret this!
Asking $150

Salomon Scream8 Pilot - Dimensions: L 160; waist 69
An older model ski good ski for eastern carving. Comes with small bindings. Good condition. Asking $75

Boots are also available, but they are VERY small (womens street 6?). However, they have hotfeet attachments. Never having used them, I don't know if they are removable for transfer between boots.

PM if interested; photos can be provided. Located in Philly area; will meet in a half hour radius, or will be in southern VT the end of October.

Here's a link to the photos... can't figure out how to post them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14874846@N04/sets/72157635500822684/

Last edited:

ScottySkis

An all mountain, quiver-of-one ski. Good in powder, crud, & in the woods. Skis come with small bindings and have been well cared for. Although a few years old, this is still a great ski. If you are looking to take a step up from your older narrow skis, you won’t regret this!
Asking $150

An older model ski good ski for eastern carving. Comes with small bindings. Good condition. Asking $75

Boots are also available, but they are VERY small (womens street 6?). However, they have hotfeet attachments. Never having used them, I don't know if they are removable for transfer between boots.

PM if interested; photos can be provided. Located in Philly area; will meet in a half hour radius, or will be in southern VT the end of October.

My cousin needs skis like this he is short are they colored for females.

amf

Don't know what "female" colors would be, but the B3's are yellow with a white floral-ly print. The Scream8's are a basic red / blue pattern I believe. I'll post a couple of pics.

ScottySkis

Don't know what "female" colors would be, but the B3's are yellow with a white floral-ly print. The Scream8's are a basic red / blue pattern I believe. I'll post a couple of pics.

Pictures would be awesome, thanks.

thetrailboss

Staff member
FWIW women's skis are usually softer flex and designed for a skier who sits back, which most women do. And putting your cousin on a floraly printed ski is just cruel. ;)

ScottySkis

FWIW women's skis are usually softer flex and designed for a skier who sits back, which most women do. And putting your cousin on a floraly printed ski is just cruel. ;)

If there a good value and not pink he probably buy them. Perfect size for him because he is short.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Puck it

It's not patronizing. It's the plain fact of the matter and an assumption that ski manufacturers make for some of their models. Watch below and listen to what he says about the balance point of the ski and mounting.

Another article: http://explore.visitmammoth.com/blog/bid/259006/What-s-the-Difference-Between-Men-s-and-Women-s-Skis

The issue is the center of gravity.

Very true, but my wife hated her skis when they mounted like that. We had to have remounted.

LiquidFeet

I feel patronized and put down when thetrailboss says "...designed for a skier who sits back, which most women do," since I am a woman. Center of gravity is often low on women, thus all kinds of things happen differently than for people whose center of gravity is high, where all kinds of other things happen. "Sitting back" is not something more often done by people whose weight is concentrated low or high; I see men doing it all over the mountain. Sitting down and back is a technical adjustment to fear and becomes a habit with practice and after fear declines.

I teach never-ever skiers; pretty much every one of them sits back at first. Learning to not sit back is something every skier needs to deal with no matter where the bindings are mounted. It's different for every skier.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I feel patronized and put down when thetrailboss says "...designed for a skier who sits back, which most women do," since I am a woman. Center of gravity is often low on women, thus all kinds of things happen differently than for people whose center of gravity is high, where all kinds of other things happen. "Sitting back" is not something more often done by people whose weight is concentrated low or high; I see men doing it all over the mountain. Sitting down and back is a technical adjustment to fear and becomes a habit with practice and after fear declines.

I teach never-ever skiers; pretty much every one of them sits back at first. Learning to not sit back is something every skier needs to deal with no matter where the bindings are mounted. It's different for every skier.

I explained what I meant. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Hawkshot99

I explained what I meant. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

You have no need to be sorry for it. Every ski manufacture builds a womens soi differently than a mens ski. They should build them differently as the bodies are different. If you follow the directions for mounting a ski, every womens ski I have ever mounted has a foward mounting position than a mens ski does(usually 2cm). Womens boots also are built different as they have lower calfs then men.

Some women may prefere not to hwve the binding foward, but that does not change the fact that it was designed that way fr a reason.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

LiquidFeet

Yes, but it's not because women sit back. "Sitting" and "sitting back" are technical issues, not anatomical issues. Boots and skis designed for women are made different from men's gear because of anatomy, not technical flaws. It's unfortunate if you get anatomy and technique mixed up and don't even see the difference.

This forum is mostly guys talking, I know that, but there may be a few women reading. Do you care how they interpret what you say about women in general? If you don't, then go ahead and insist that most women sit back. Dig yourself in deeper by saying you're sorry I MISINTERPRETED what you said.

ScottySkis

Asking $150

Here's a link to the photos... can't figure out how to post them:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14874846@N04/sets/72157635500822684/

So what is the opinion on these skis not style but for a guy who is short probably about 5 foot tall maybe 175 lbs been skiing for 15 years a few days a year, performance wise my cousin loves the price and size is what he was looking for, just curious others people opinion?

thetrailboss

Staff member
So what is the opinion on these skis not style but for a guy who is short probably about 5 foot tall maybe 175 lbs been skiing for 15 years a few days a year, performance wise my cousin loves the price and size is what he was looking for, just curious others people opinion?

I would not suggest it.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

ScottySkis

Click on the little box with arrow - Grab the HTTL/BB Code - Copy and paste code directly into the message. Don't use the buttons above the message. Wha-la!

Scotty - Does your cousin care if the ski is yellow? I'd say go for it. What the worse that can happen? :dontknow:

Ross B3 by amf22000, on Flickr

That is my opinion, he doesn't care about the color at all.

ScottySkis

So anyone else have an opinion on weather my cousin should buy these I thinking it be fine, he not skiing hardcore, but snowymonster why you think it such a bad idea.