• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

free dr. pepper...

danny p

for those who might be interested:

Many wondered if Dr Pepper would hold up to their end of the bargain when they announced earlier this year that they would give everyone in America a free Dr Pepper (excluding former Guns N’ Roses guitarists Slash and Buckethead) if Axl Rose managed to release the long-delayed Chinese Democracy sometime in 2008.

Well, with the album currently scheduled for a November 23 release, Dr Pepper issued the following statement:

"Don't cry, Guns N' Roses fans. The agonizing wait for the 17 years-in-the-making masterpiece Chinese Democracy will finally be over (fingers crossed) on Nov. 23, 2008. Sure, there have been more rumored release dates than the 23 flavors of Dr Pepper, but if Chinese Democracy hits stores as announced today, it's going to be so easy, easy for every American to get a free Dr Pepper as promised.

"We never thought this day would come," said Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing for Dr Pepper. "But now that it's here all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us." Dr Pepper is ready to give out free soda coupons to every American when the album releases on Nov. 23, 2008. If you're out to get a free Dr Pepper just follow these simple steps:

How To Get Your Free Dr Pepper:

1. On the Nov. 23, 2008 release date, go to Drpepper.com
2. Register your information to receive a coupon for one free 20-oz. Dr Pepper.
3. When your coupon arrives, redeem it wherever Dr Pepper is sold.
4. Drink your Dr Pepper slowly to experience all 23 flavors. Dr's orders.

Coupons will be available for 24 hours, starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 23, 2008. Allow 4-6 weeks for coupon to arrive. Coupons will expire on Feb. 28, 2009. Limit one coupon per person. Full terms and conditions available at www.drpepper.com."

There you have it folks. Soon we’ll all be enjoying 23 flavors of sweet, delicious, free Dr Pepper. It’s a glorious day.

I don't know..4-6 weeks for a coupon for a free Dr. Pepper..lol..it doesn't seem worth it..I'd rather just buy one now..if I wanted it..lol

Mildcat

Even if I could walk in a store now and say,"Give me a Dr Pepper" I still wouldn't do it. :puke:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I heard about this a while back... never would have imagined that Dr. Pepper would have to make true on their promise. Me thinks the leaks forced them to finally release the album whether Axl was ready or not. Whatev... it ain't GNR with Slash on lead and Izzy writing the licks.

danny p

I heard about this a while back... never would have imagined that Dr. Pepper would have to make true on their promise. Me thinks the leaks forced them to finally release the album whether Axl was ready or not. Whatev... it ain't GNR with Slash on lead and Izzy writing the licks.

You're probably right, they had no choice but to release it. Have you heard any of the songs? The one I heard was pretty good, but agree that its a different band without slash, etc. Axl is Axl though, a good singer IMHO. The single I heard was "Shackler's Revenge", I think its up on Youtube.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You're probably right, they had no choice but to release it. Have you heard any of the songs? The one I heard was pretty good, but agree that its a different band without slash, etc. Axl is Axl though, a good singer IMHO. The single I heard was "Shackler's Revenge", I think its up on Youtube.
I got curious and had a listen to a few of the demos that got leaked (not the actual tracks, just demos) and was not impressed at all. But I went into them thinking they were going to be horrible. The thing is... the dude has been working on these tracks for so long... it is hard not to be disappointed. I used to be a really hard core GNR fan years ago. But I don't consider "Axl & Friends" to be GNR but rather Axl capitalizing financially on the fact that he had the largest share of the group and can legally get away with using the name for what essentially is a completely different group.

GNR wasn't just Slash. Most of the best songs were written by Izzy. Velvet Revolver proves that just because a band has Slash doesn't make the band good :stirpot: and the second Snakepit album proves that Slash has a lot of duds built up (but the first snakepit album was excellent).

I wouldn't consider Axl a very good singer... but then again, I wouldn't consider most rock stars good singers. But technically good singers make boring rock and roll stars and don't make for exciting rock singers. Look at Bon Jovi after he started taking voice lessons :stirpot: BJ hasn't made a good album since Keep The Faith. What I like most about Axl as a vocalist was his style and that he was able to turn some interesting word play in his lyric writing. Definitely a unique and interesting voice but not what I would call a good singer. Though still one of my favorites when paired with the right musicians.

ctenidae

Is this going to be like the free Guinness towel? I don't hink I can stand that level of anticipation and disappointment again.