• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Freedom Pass changes and drop of $50 fee.

dlague

I started to post this in the New Magic thread but it felt like a hijack.

On Bolton Valley's website:

The Freedom Pass was created two seasons ago with the goal of offering flexibility and added value to pass holders at six New England ski and snowboard areas. There was a $50 additional charge for each pass holder to upgrade to the Freedom Pass. This year the up-charge has been dropped and the number of partner mountains has increased to thirteen, spanning the country from Alaska to Maine.

In any case, I noticed this on McIntyre's website - When you purchase a 2016-2017 McIntyre Season Pass, you can add on the FREEDOM PASS for only $50.00 per pass! My guess they posted this prior to Freedom Pass announcing the drop of $50 and they will change that.

Seems logical in some respects to game this a little and seek out the lowest priced season pass. It is a great option for those families with younger skiers and snowboarders. Or even as a cheaper option to ski feeder hills and get out there and ski some over rated black diamond trails - well not so much at Bolton Valley or Magic.

dlague

Think there is some confusion but more than likely close to what Magic has publish which is my guess!

Jully

Could it be specifically different based on which area you buy the pass from? If the prices are significantly different then it might make sense.

Smellytele

I noticed Magic says the freedom pass gives you 3 tix per other ski area while McIntyre says 1. not sure what others say???

my bad McIntyre does say "The Freedom Pass gives you access to ski and ride for at the following mountains up to 3 times per area for FREE..." 1 ticket per day.

SIKSKIER

And the Mc site says the pass is free.
When you purchase a 2016-2017 McIntyre Season Pass, you recieve the FREEDOM PASS at no additional charge

dlague

And the Mc site says the pass is free.
When you purchase a 2016-2017 McIntyre Season Pass, you recieve the FREEDOM PASS at no additional charge

they fixed it - when I started this thread I copied what I wrote from their site

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
3 free days at each. Official press release, with my additions for Cooper:

The Freedom Pass Is Now Free!

The Pass Unites Thirteen Ski and Snowboard Areas From Alaska to Maine

Big changes are in store for the Freedom Pass. The pass is now free for all season pass holders at partner mountains, and the number of partner mountains has more than doubled from last season.

The Freedom Pass was created two seasons ago with the goal of offering flexibility and added value to pass holders at six New England ski and snowboard areas. There was a $50 additional charge for each pass holder to upgrade to the Freedom Pass. This year the up-charge has been dropped and the number of partner mountains has increased to thirteen, spanning the country from Alaska to Maine.

The concept is simple. Pass holders at participating mountains are now able to get three complimentary lift tickets at each partner mountain this season. There is no additional charge so all full pass holders at each partner mountain are automatically part of the Freedom Pass. Pass holders simply take their pass to a partner mountain to receive a complimentary lift ticket for the day. There is a limit of one ticket per pass holder, per day and a limit of three tickets per pass holder at each partner mountain over the season.

“We feel the new format adds a tremendous amount of value for our pass holders” said Josh Arneson, VP of Sales and Marketing at Bolton Valley. “By eliminating the additional charge, and doubling the number of mountains involved, all pass holders at our partner mountains will now have even greater flexibility. Some may even elect to take a trip to an area on the other side of the country, knowing they will have complimentary lift tickets when they get there.”

Patrick Torsell, Director of Marketing, IT, and Slope Maintenance at Cooper adds: “We’re really excited to join the Freedom Pass, and to offer our pass holders the opportunity to explore more ski areas across the nation. Each of these areas shares Cooper’s passion for providing an authentic and family-friendly skiing experience. And as the only Colorado resort on the Pass, we look forward to introducing pass holders from our partner resorts to the unparalleled experience of Colorado skiing.”

Participating mountains include Black Mountain, NH; Bolton Valley, VT; Dartmouth Skiway, NH; Eaglecrest AK; Granite Gorge, NH; Lost Valley, ME; Magic Mountain, VT; McIntyre Ski Area, NH; Mount Bohemia, MI; Pajarito Mountain, NM; Plattekill Mountain, NY; Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort, NM and Cooper, CO.

More details can be found on the websites of each partner mountain.