• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 24th Sat 25th

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I can get to the Cats on Sunday though, so hopefully they pick up 6 inches from this instead of the mere 2 or 3 they're forecasting. Wouldn't mind hitting mighty Plattekill if this could get them 2/3 open.

Then pick the model you like. ;-) Here's GFS

CONUS_GFS0P5_SFC_12HR-ACCUM-SNOW_24HR.gif

BenedictGomez

Then pick the model you like. ;-) Here's GFS

If the GFS has 5" over Plattekill, I'll take it!!! :fangun:

Seriously though, it seems that professional mets always crap on the GFS for northeast snows in favor of the Euro and the UKMET, but it's a fact that the GFS has generally outperformed them this winter (although truth be told all the models have been pretty poor the last few months).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Holy

I'M GOING TO CHURCH. PRAISE THE LORD!

Tim Kelly, 4 hours ago:

Snow Forecast for Mt Snow Overdone, Forecast for Jay Peak under done.
We have upslope snow in Vermont most of today, full blown snow storm North tomorrow.
Cold air coming in now means mountain rain is done for today, but warm comes back tomorrow. Net gain of snow for most, but rain will fall again south of a line roughly from Warren to Newry. Then wintry winds this weekend. Jay may end up with 25' (4 day total) by Saturday pm.

Warp Daddy

We got 10 inches of fresh at Titus and a Storm watch was JUST posted for another 10 inches between Friday and saturday mornings-- Yeah baby

ScottySkis

If the GFS has 5" over Plattekill, I'll take it!!! :fangun:

Seriously though, it seems that professional mets always crap on the GFS for northeast snows in favor of the Euro and the UKMET, but it's a fact that the GFS has generally outperformed them this winter (although truth be told all the models have been pretty poor the last few months).

That be a great spot, they got some snow last night.

ScottySkis

I'M GOING TO CHURCH. PRAISE THE LORD!

Tim Kelly, 4 hours ago:

Snow Forecast for Mt Snow Overdone, Forecast for Jay Peak under done.
We have upslope snow in Vermont most of today, full blown snow storm North tomorrow.
Cold air coming in now means mountain rain is done for today, but warm comes back tomorrow. Net gain of snow for most, but rain will fall again south of a line roughly from Warren to Newry. Then wintry winds this weekend. Jay may end up with 25' (4 day total) by Saturday pm.

I wish I lived closer to Jay.

BenedictGomez

That be a great spot, they got some snow last night.

Only an inch though, they're in need of some serious snow to get to 100% open. I wish they could have joined in on Whiteface's 10" party, that would have probably done the trick.

jnrzoso

thank you alpinezone. i don't know how or where i found you back in 2005 (probably as a resource for talk about first openings in oct/nov) but you just made my day. no, my WEEK! i was going to stay in brooklyn this weekend after being in burlington for the past two, but tonight i will be packing the jeep yet again. thank you, alpinezone, thank you.

MikeD

WOW!! I have actually struck it lucky..I live in South Jersey, 6 hrs from the good stuff, 2 1/2 from the poconos and work 6 days a week..so this week I take an extra day off and make plans for Whiteface/LP for wed/thurs...and they get pounded!! it is still a lot of driving for 2 days of skiing, but now it is truly worthwhile...I could not take a ski vacation to WF or VT or NH this winter as we are heading to CA for a wedding in March, but I get 3 days at Mammoth Mt as a trade off...maybe this winter doesn't suck after all

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
WOW!! I..maybe this winter doesn't suck after all

Reminds me of an old song,...

Hello Muddah,
Hello Fadduh.
Here I am at
Camp Granada.
Camp is very
entertaining.
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining.
Take me home,
I promise I will not make noise,
Or mess the house
with other boys,
O please don't
make me stay,
I've been here one whole day.

Dearest Father,
Darling Mother,
How's my precious
little brudda?
Let me come home
if you miss me,
I would even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me.

Wait a minute,
it stopped hailing,
Guys are swimming,
guys are sailing.
Playing baseball,
gee that's betta,
Mudda, Fadda kindly disregard this letta!

WinnChill

Due to some behind the scenes issues, we had a forecast interruption this week. Sorry bout that. A little late to the game on this one but for what it's worth, I scrambled up an update for this evening and will update again Friday AM. South/Central areas get the front end of this, then northern areas pick up their accumulations Friday night. Upslope for NVT/NNH helps out on Saturday with better fluff.

www.snowforecast.com/VermontSkiResorts

Tooth

Due to some behind the scenes issues, we had a forecast interruption this week. Sorry bout that. A little late to the game on this one but for what it's worth, I scrambled up an update for this evening and will update again Friday AM. South/Central areas get the front end of this, then northern areas pick up their accumulations Friday night. Upslope for NVT/NNH helps out on Saturday with better fluff.

www.snowforecast.com/VermontSkiResorts

Hey WinnChill. Why doesnt the upslope hit Sugarloaf ?