• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Frontier $219 Phili to Denver non-stop...

RENO

In case anybody is flying to Colorado from Phili this season or anywhere else Frontier services. Just got this deal through their website for end of January. Fly out at 9 AM Saturday and back 4:45 PM Saturday.

Dr Skimeister

In case anybody is flying to Colorado from Phili this season or anywhere else Frontier services. Just got this deal through their website for end of January. Fly out at 9 AM Saturday and back 4:45 PM Saturday.

ummmm....

from the website.....

"Complete travel by November 19, 2008"

RENO

This has nothing to do with that link on the right side on their website for Denver. I got an email about that and just out of curiosity I punched in those dates for Jan-Feb on the main page and $219 popped up. Booked it right away. Just checked. Still there...

Dr Skimeister

This has nothing to do with that link on the right side on their website for Denver. I got an email about that and just out of curiosity I punched in those dates for Jan-Feb on the main page and $219 popped up. Booked it right away. Just checked. Still there...

gotcha.....

thanks.....

I'm pricing Denver flights for Feb....just have to weigh if the $100 savings warrants the extra drive to Philly for me

Moe Ghoul

I'll be curious to see how the airlines count check in baggage. A ski bag and bootbag used to count as one. I think some or all of em might stop that. Gonna have to get even more creative packingwise.

djspookman

I'll be curious to see how the airlines count check in baggage. A ski bag and bootbag used to count as one. I think some or all of em might stop that. Gonna have to get even more creative packingwise.

ditto! last time I flew to ski country, ski bag+checked bag counted as one.. it sounds like a ski bag will be its own now.. i'm just trying to figure out how to stuff everything besides my skiis into my carry on now:)

Geoff

For me, it's just about reached the point where I'll just ship a ski bag FEDEX ground with some clothing in the ski bag and carry my boot bag aboard the plane.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Definitely find out ahead of time. Mother's Day weekend 2008 I had to pay $25 each way to bring my skis. I had my carryon (Transpack with my boots in it), 1 piece of luggage, and the sportube with my skis in it. I tried arguing that NWA's website still said skis + boot bag count as one, but there was no budging them. And last I heard, the extra luggage charges went (or are going) up. :eek:

Getting expensive to fly with skis these days!

RENO

Yeah, what a pain in the ass it is to fly these days! :mad: Frontier hopefully will continue to count a ski or snowboard bag as 1 bag. They have a $25 charge 1 way per person for the 2nd bag. Starting 11/1 they will also add $15 for the 1st bag per person each way. I figured that from what we brought this past season it will be an extra $110 roundtrip for baggage. Sucks, but luckily with the $219 flight it will come out to the same as we paid this past season for just the flight. We really like Frontier. Good thing is that they only have 1 terminal at Phili so it's a piece of cake getting in and out of there...

RENO

For me, it's just about reached the point where I'll just ship a ski bag FEDEX ground with some clothing in the ski bag and carry my boot bag aboard the plane.

We are thinking about doing that also. Send our ski and snowboard bags to my buddy in Denver. I packed a lot of stuff in my snowboard bag last time including my boots, pants, socks, underwear, etc... I just had a backpack as a carry on with our helmets, gloves and goggles in it along with some small stuff. Amazing what you can also stuff in a jacket you wear on the plane! :-D

Only a gaper would check their bootbag..you can do a bootbag as carryon..

Moe Ghoul

We are thinking about doing that also. Send our ski and snowboard bags to my buddy in Denver. I packed a lot of stuff in my snowboard bag last time including my boots, pants, socks, underwear, etc... I just had a backpack as a carry on with our helmets, gloves and goggles in it along with some small stuff. Amazing what you can also stuff in a jacket you wear on the plane! :-D

I priced that out already, it's cheaper to pay the extra charge on the plane.

Moe Ghoul

Try a small backpack..just large enough for your boots..that's what I do..

Nahh, my bootbag holds a ton of stuff, so under the old "2 pieces of checkin luggage" I was able to pack almost everything in the boot bag and ski bag, and one dufflebag held the remainder. The next marketing gimmick will be "Flight Jackets" with HUGE pockets that hold skiboots, and tons of other crap, lol so it won't count as luggage.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Not my bootbag. I tried that already.
Which bootbag do you have? I have a Transpack that's pretty big and it *barely* made it under the requirements. Though once you put your helmet in, there's not a ton of room left. You could always put the boots on a strap and throw them over your shoulder as your "purse". :D I know of women doing that (and I brought my strap just in case when I flew). Or you could wear them and your helmet. You'd get funny looks, but you'd have plenty of room in your carryon then. :D

Moe Ghoul

Which bootbag do you have? I have a Transpack that's pretty big and it *barely* made it under the requirements. Though once you put your helmet in, there's not a ton of room left. You could always put the boots on a strap and throw them over your shoulder as your "purse". :D I know of women doing that (and I brought my strap just in case when I flew). Or you could wear them and your helmet. You'd get funny looks, but you'd have plenty of room in your carryon then. :D

I can't recall the brand at the moment, it's not a Transpack. Looks more like a duffle bag with 2 large outside pockets for the boots and whatnot, and a large center compartment that holds a ton of stuff, including my helmet, gloves, sox, and on and on....

Hell, just wear the boots, helmet, goggles and 4 layers of ski clothes on board, then strip it all off when you get on the plane, rofl. I'd look like the Michelin Man. I imagine there'll be a few skiers that will test the limits of the "friendly skies" this season.:cool:

powderman

Wow... great deal. I'm taking Froniter from LaGuardia to Denver nonstop when I go to Colorado this April. Not as cheap as this deal, but still pretty cheap ($356 including taxes). I have FF miles, so I don't have to pay. Who has the better deal? :wink: