• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock vs mount sunapee for tomorrow

alexcampagna898

Going to one of these resorts tomorrow with a fellow skier and a snowboarder. Never been to either, so I don't know what to expect. Challenge isn't a paramount concern of mine, im just looking to rip some glades some decent snow. Sunapees a little closer, but it isn't much of a difference. I figure both mountains will be crowded and the lift situation seems similar at both. Gunstock seems like the better choice, but I feel like sunapee might keep me entertained a little longer. Anybody skied either one since the storm? I'm basically just looking for some trip reports and maybe some advice as to which one I should go to.

medfordmike

I have not been to either since the storm. Although they were not in the zone for huge amounts. I have skied both several times and I am partial to Gunstock. Sunapee has some nice glades but overall I find the terrain at Gunstock more entertaining. Neither offers a lot of really challenging terrain but both are enjoyable. I find the trails at Gunstock have a little more personality if that makes sense but you should have a good time at either.

alexcampagna898

I have not been to either since the storm. Although they were not in the zone for huge amounts. I have skied both several times and I am partial to Gunstock. Sunapee has some nice glades but overall I find the terrain at Gunstock more entertaining. Neither offers a lot of really challenging terrain but both are enjoyable. I find the trails at Gunstock have a little more personality if that makes sense but you should have a good time at either.

WhIch one tends to be more crowded on weekends?

Savemeasammy

I don't know about gunstock, but Sunapee can be crowded. The one saving grace for all the rain that Sunapee got is that it might discourage as many people from coming.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm going to Sunapee for the first time tomorrow, so definitely go to Gunstock :wink:. But seriously, tomorrow is a CT Ski Council day at Sunapee so it WILL be more crowded than usual.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I suppose if you are committed to those two options - the truth is that the snowstorm missed both of those places. So there is a better bet that will give you more skiing and less crowd. If it warms tomorrow as is forecast Crotched Mountain should give you the glades without the crowds and lift-lines.