• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Birthday Austin....

Greg

Staff member
...you greasy long-haired punk.

Oh wait, you cut your hair, right?

:spin:

drjeff

Try not to have a major wipe out into your birthday cake! (or atleast if you do take lots of pics so we can see it! :)

Happy B-day!

awf170

Thanks guys. I think I'll celebrate my birthday by going mountain biking by myself in a couple of hours. I'm so cool, huh?

Just money for my birthday since I'm now really poor because of my mountain biking habit. I'm probably going to pick up some better mountain bike shoes today though since my feet get completely frozen in my current shoes.

awf170

Happy Bday, get some booties for your shoes, no need for new shoes.

I'm constantly jumping off my bike and landing on steep rock. I need something with good grip. Plus I want more ankle protection. I have had this conversation a few too many times:

Random rider: What happened to you?
Me: Huh, what do you mean? (start looking around for wounds. See my sock completely soaked in blood) Oh yeah that. I have no idea, it happens all the time.

2knees

congratulations man, i didnt think you'd last this long. :razz:

awf170

Gonna hit up downtown, get drunk and pick up some trashy Lowell or Lynn broads? :lol:

I'll try my very best. I think I'm going to go for the classy Lowell broads over the Lynn ones. They seem a bit more up scale. Plus I have plenty of alcohol in Lowell, and none in Lynn, so its really a no brainer. Lynn just got ranked the 3rd worst in crime rate in MA. I really don't think I want to be wandering around here at night. Go Lynn!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll try my very best. I think I'm going to go for the classy Lowell broads over the Lynn ones. They seem a bit more up scale. Plus I have plenty of alcohol in Lowell, and none in Lynn, so its really a no brainer. Lynn just got ranked the 3rd worst in crime rate in MA. I really don't think I want to be wandering around here at night. Go Lynn!

It's really a shame that Lynn is such a dump. Outside of it being a pain to get to (no highway nearby) it's a great spot; right on the water, views of Boston, easy commute via T. Doesn't make sense to me why the town is such a hole.

cbcbd

I'm constantly jumping off my bike and landing on steep rock. I need something with good grip. Plus I want more ankle protection. I have had this conversation a few too many times:
I hear ya on the ankle protection... but my booties are open on the bottom so you still have the "grip" from your shoes. I'm saying "grip" because my shoe soles are very hard rubber and I usually have no grip as it is on even dry rock.