• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Thanksgiving to all here @AZ

Warp Daddy

As the resident old guy here let me wish all of you a great Thanksgiving Holiday . In spite of what is often less than great news today, this forum is one bright spot

AZ is made up of some reallly NICE folks who share a love of this sport in common . It allows us to share info , insight , humor and some camaraderie with each other while putting aside our concerns for awhile

I for one truly appreciate and enjoy YOUR wisdom , joshing and enthusiasm .

We all have many things to be thankful for and my wish for you all is peace , health , financial security and a bevy of friends and family to share this great holiday with

Cheers
Warp

frozencorn

Dinner/family Thursday, turns Friday.

Dinner/family Saturday, turns Sunday.

What's not to love?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Above all, my Thanksgiving wish is that we all get laid.

I mean, hell, even the Pilgrims were doin' it.
:lol:

Aren't we a little early for Thanksgiving wishes? I mean I know I get a little lost since I don't leave the house every day, but I'm pretty sure that's 3 days from now. ;)

Beetlenut

Above all, my Thanksgiving wish is that we all get laid.

I mean, hell, even the Pilgrims were doin' it.

And the turkeys grow a little more nervous than the goats, around Mark's house today!

Gobble Gobble indeed!! :wink:

Moe Ghoul

Well, as it stands right now, I put myself in the penalty box as a result of an outburst this afternoon just as the maids came in. One of the dogs decided to take a huge wiz on an oriental in the foyer out of nervousness. The wife said she'd clean it up, then proceeded to stand there and chat up the maids on why the dog mighta peed and other unimportant yak. I grabbed the rag outta her hand and cleaned it up before it soaked thru the rug, onto the floor, necessitating my getting the steam cleaner to remove it since she won't do that. I explained the urgency of mopping it up immediately, and thru a few F bombs into the explanation. The head maid decided to quit and they headed out the door. Now, the wife is dissing me and making plans to go out for dinner with her mom. I just spent the last 4.5 hours, cleaning the house top to bottom, including vac, mop, dust, and toilet scrubbage. So I'll prolly whip up something delicious, catch a buzz and watch football games on Thursday. On the bright side, I just saved myself 160/month that'll more than cover my monthly gas and daytrip passes for the winter. And house cleaning is a decent little workout. I'm still trying to decide if I should tell dad to stay in Baltimore, then I can hit opening day at Blue. Or apologize, have to do all the cooking, and veg out on Friday.

In conclusion, I'll wish everyone a great thanksgiving, since I apparently pooched mine and getting laid is a pipe dream.

Trekchick

:lol:

Aren't we a little early for Thanksgiving wishes? I mean I know I get a little lost since I don't leave the house every day, but I'm pretty sure that's 3 days from now. ;)
You're getting laid for the next three days you say?

Good for you,.........
And Brian!!!!!

WarpDaddy, Thanks for the nudge to remember how fortunate we really are.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are spending holidays without loved ones for the first time this year. Jens, especially you and your kids. ((hugs))

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Well the queen is getting the kitchen into battle mode. We've always done thanks giving a little different around here. We go in different directions for the day, since our grandparents are really getting up there. Xmas we'll do together.

She'll be making a turkey for her family in a roasting pan and then driving it out to PA (1hr 20min ride).

This will be the first year my grandparents won't be cooking everything themselves. I'll be smoking a 20 pound fresh ham in the Orion to go with the turkey my Aunt is making.

I can't wait to get to Blue on Black Friday, and maybe on Sunday if things go well for me this weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Why is it called Thanksgiving, it's a holiday where you are thankful for what you got, not for what you gave. Why isn't it called Thankstaking.

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Or Thankshaving? You're funny, Andy! :beer:

TC - Hey, that's not a bad idea! :idea: ;)

On SkiDiva, we have the thankful (skiing) thread and I've already gotten into some of what I'm thankful for over there. I'm just plain thankful this year. A lot of lessons learned...

ctenidae

We make an attempt to take it off every year, but there is always some sewage crisis that sucks us back to work!

Ah, life is good!

So what you're saying is, there's no way to get a whole turkey down a low-flow toilet?

Well, there goes my plan.