• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huntington - 7/14/11

bvibert

Staff member
Finally got back to Huntington last night. I'd only been there once before, last year. It was fun that time, but some of the group I was with were really hammering it, and the people I was with in the back of the pack didn't really know some of the trails we were on. Huntington is the kind of place where it's helpful to at least be able to follow someone who knows the lines and trails in general. That's what I got last night, along with helpful pointers on some of the more noteworthy spots. For those who haven't ridden there; Huntington has a LOT of rocks and the trail builders clearly tried to incorporate as many of them into the trail design as they could. It's really fun and challenging riding. To me it makes Case look buffed out in comparison, though I really haven't ridden either enough to make a fair comparison.

One thing is for sure; I'm going to need a bunch more visits there to even start to get a handle on some of the terrain. Can't wait to get back to try it all again!

We did about 10.3 miles and I'm pretty tired all around today!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202093322805605265625.0004a81e74ac219191b07&msa=0