• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am creating this thread on my iphone

Grassi21

I'm not due for a new phone or ipod for a couple of years. Hopefully by then there will be other options besides AT&T.

wa-loaf

Definitely congrats on the purchase. I am a little jealous, just not willing to part with the money even at the reduced price. Gotta save it for skiing. :)

SkiDog

I can wait a couple more years. The ipod touch is pretty tempting though, once someone hacks an email program to it, it'll be an awesome pda.

I read that they have licensed Activesync which is how it will communicate with exchange servers....

Wait til "service pack 1" HA

M

skiNEwhere

Are the forums even usable on an iPhone?

yep, and you can log in to them as well. I bought an Iphone the first week they came out. So I'm not so crazy about the price drop. This is very unlike apple, even unprecedented. But i read that old iphone users can bring in there receipt and get 100 dollars back.

wa-loaf

But i read that old iphone users can bring in there receipt and get 100 dollars back.

Just an Apple store credit. But really unusual for Apple. I think they are discovering that cellphones are a whole different world.

dmc

Are the forums even usable on an iPhone?

I got to AZ on a freinds a few weeks ago..
I access AZ on my personal Treo and work Blackberry too.
I have Cingular/AT&T so apparently my speeds aren't so good.

The script loads take time.. Kinda a pain in the ass...

BeanoNYC

I can wait a couple more years. The ipod touch is pretty tempting though, once someone hacks an email program to it, it'll be an awesome pda.

I'm sure there will be a PoP of IMap hack soon, but if your email is web based you can always browse to it.