• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I Love New York Autumn Campaign: We Are Open for Fall Travel

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Storm-impacted areas receive spotlight in statewide promotion

New York, NY - I LOVE NEW YORK has launched a statewide tourism media campaign to encourage travelers to experience New York State and its spectacular foliage this fall, particularly in areas recovering from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. The print and digital campaign features inspiring fall images from the Adirondacks, Catskills and Central New York regions of the state and highlights their exciting and unique fall events.

"From the state's high peaks to its lush valleys, New York's captivating vistas are made for autumn vacationers," said Kenneth Adams, President, CEO & Commissioner of Empire State Development, which administers the I LOVE NEW YORK program. "New York's tourism industry is as resilient as its people, and despite Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, our state is open for business and ready to attract tourists from across the country and around the globe with our colorful fall foliage and enchanting destination locations."

Travelers taking an autumn trip to New York State have a tremendous variety of events and activities from which to make their plans. During the fall, many seasonal festivals - for everything from apples to grapes to garlic - transform quaint villages into bustling street fairs. Visitors experience world-class vineyards, awe-inspiring landscapes, country inns, rustic villages and much more.

Events highlighted in the campaign include October First Friday Artwalk in Binghamton (Oct. 7), Schoharie's Stone Fort Days (Oct. 8-9), Family Boo at the Zoo in Binghamton (Oct. 8-9 and 15-16), Hunter Mountain's Oktoberfest (Oct. 8-9), Gore Mountain's Harvest Festival in North Creek (Oct. 8-9), and Fright Fest at the Great Escape in Lake George (Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 30).

"Ulster County has rebounded nicely from the flooding that hit our area," said Ulster County Tourism director Richard J. Remsnyder. "All major roads are open and we are throwing our doors wide open to visitors who annually flock to our county to take advantage of the prime leaf peeping season. All our farm stands and u-picks are open as well as our wonderful hiking and biking trails. It's business as usual in Ulster County."

Dave Conklin, Executive Director of the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park, said: "Although the Southern Tier has been recently affected by devastating flooding in some areas, the spirit of community, giving, and caring about our neighbor's welfare, is evident all around us. Our Zoo was thankfully spared from the flood waters, and it's a wonderful time to visit. The fall is a beautiful season in the Southern Tier, and I encourage everyone to come and enjoy it with us!"

"Roads are open, and the colors are sweeping the Catskills," said Jessica Pezak, marketing & communications manager at Hunter Mountain. "Residents have really stepped up to the plate to assist in post-Irene recovery efforts, and we're glad to be able to welcome travelers for fall foliage and festivals."

"It is vital that we keep our spirits high doing whatever is possible to keep going," said Nicole A. Howard, interim vice chair of Binghamton's Gorgeous Washington Street Association. "Our First Friday Artwalk brings hundreds of people to Downtown Binghamton every month and residents of the Southern Tier see this event as a fun night out to view fabulous art in the city's many galleries and venues."

The fall campaign, which runs through the month of October, is the result of close collaboration between I LOVE NEW YORK and its statewide tourism partners, and also includes elements of social media, public relations and public service announcements.
For complete New York State fall travel information, including upcoming events, suggested autumn getaways and a weekly fall foliage color reports, visit iloveny.com/fall .

Additional travel information is available by visiting iloveny.com , calling (800) CALL-NYS or joining the I LOVE NEW YORK social media community on Twitter (www.twitter.com/I_LOVE_NY ), Facebook (www.facebook.com/ILOVENY ), Flickr (www.flickr.com/officialiloveny ) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/OFFICIALILOVENY ).

About New York State
New York State features 11 beautiful vacation regions. New York's attractions span from landmarks such as Niagara Falls, to the wine trails of Hudson Valley and treasures like the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Whether it's wide-ranging outdoor activities for the whole family like fishing, hiking and boating, culinary wonders and farm-to-table fresh foods, or the rich history and culture of one of the 13 original colonies, New York State offers diverse activities for all travelers. For more information visit http://www.iloveny.com/ . Media can find press releases and more at thebeat.iloveny.com .