• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huntington's Disease hope for cure everyday

ScottySkis

I had this horrible illness know it's for few years
Overheating is summer time and lots of stuff I can't due any more
I been great memories from few great friends who I ski with
We need to cure all this tragic illness yesterday

ScottySkis

Thanks everyone much appreciated I pray for everyone that ends yesterday I know children so it stops with me I know n for few years now

ScottySkis

From Huntington Facebook page another patient that describes his life effect by HD I feel the same:
"I'm a tough individual! I worked hard and enjoyed my life! But this disease got the best of me! It is not something you can ignore! The longer you ignore it the stronger it becomes! It starts slowly with anxiety and depression! Then the mood swings and anger issues! You slowly shut the world people out and you don't realize it's happening! You're no longer happy about anything! You try to push through but the harder you push the harder you fall down! All you want to do is be normal again and be able to go and do things! But you have little to no energy! You want to shut out the world and crawl into a cave! You start losing your balance you twitch sll the time its very depressing!"""

ScottySkis

A panel of experts has developed guidelines around the ethics of gene editing. The New York Times reports on the committee’s work, which focuses on safety, equity, and burden on patients. HD was considered as an example of a disease where complex ethical issues might arise.

#LetsTalkAboutHD #HDSAFamily #HuntingtonsDisease

ScottySkis

I wish any political parties would care about health issues not just pretend to:

#"""HDSAFamily thanks Rep. Jake Auchincloss for cosponsoring #HR2050 the #HDParityAct. #HuntingtonsDisease families can't wait #2years to access crucial #Medicare benefits through #SSDI. Let's #PassTheHDParityAct in 2021!""

ScottySkis