• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'll Be Skiing the 'Dacks More This Season

madskier6

My daughter is now a freshman at St. Lawrence University (in Canton, NY) so it looks like I will be skiing in the Adirondacks more this season (and the next 4 years as well). I'm looking forward to hitting Gore & Whiteface again this season. I'd also like to try Big Tupper & Titus at some point.

I realize my college-age daughter is not dying to see me while she's at college, but at least I can use a visit to her as an excuse to get some skiing in. I also can perhaps meet her at Whiteface for a day of skiing with good old Dad. In any event, I'm definitely looking forward to skiing the Adirondacks & get to know the terrain at Gore & Whiteface better.

During my several drives up to Canton so far, I have really enjoyed the scenery driving through the Adirondack State Park. I have yet to do it during ski season but I'm looking forward to it!

OutCold

Gore is a great mountain. I think it's one of the more underrated areas. It's got a lot of vert, but it does have a lot of flat areas, but I think the quality of the rest of the terrain makes up for it. Since I was last there, I've started hitting the trees more and I'm looking forward to exploring their trees a little more when I get back there.

Warp Daddy

My daughter is now a freshman at St. Lawrence University (in Canton, NY) so it looks like I will be skiing in the Adirondacks more this season (and the next 4 years as well). I'm looking forward to hitting Gore & Whiteface again this season. I'd also like to try Big Tupper & Titus at some point.

I realize my college-age daughter is not dying to see me while she's at college, but at least I can use a visit to her as an excuse to get some skiing in. I also can perhaps meet her at Whiteface for a day of skiing with good old Dad. In any event, I'm definitely looking forward to skiing the Adirondacks & get to know the terrain at Gore & Whiteface better.

During my several drives up to Canton so far, I have really enjoyed the scenery driving through the Adirondack State Park. I have yet to do it during ski season but I'm looking forward to it!

Welcome to God's country !! Yep that drive is ONE of The BEST !! . We do it all the time living in the area

You'll have a nice experience skiing in the Dacks . Without question Gore and WF are great, lots of vert and something for everyone and the scenery ain't too shabby . Tupper and Titus are retro , affordable , friendly and fun for a day . Titus is by far the easiest of all , no breathtaking steeps at all but cruise worthy and mellow . Tupper to those of us that know it is a "Jr Varsity" Gore in the Best sense . Terrain is interesting .