• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Job Security

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can't speak for the MRV, but I can for Stowe and Burlington. I found the earnings to cost of living ratio to be pretty crappy. But, you can't put a value on quality of life, which I found to be excellent.

Hawkshot99

I can't speak for the MRV, but I can for Stowe and Burlington. I found the earnings to cost of living ratio to be pretty crappy. But, you can't put a value on quality of life, which I found to be excellent.

I am looking at a studio apartment by Jimney for $500 plus utilities. Includes heat. Also a 2 bdrm. for $650.........

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
The Pitcher Inn is in Warren Village and is very upscale along the lines of Topnotch and the Equinox. JD knows better than I but weekend rates $300-$700/night is my guess, to lazy to check their website, as each room is decorated diferently by theme. Win built the place, from the pile of ashes and burnt rubble of the previous inn that was there, about 12 years ago, it's a gorgeous property. The restaurant is top rated as well so I would assume the pay is above average.

Several places for rent in the valley, more than usual this time of year. Check the local paper's classified. www.valleyreporter.com

Last edited:

2knees

Lose your Job? We need a cook at the Pitcher Inn. Bush pass included, nights!

paging POWHUNTER.

(no he didnt lose his current chef's job but if he wants to make a career move which would enable his friends to have a place to crash in the mrv, i'd be all for it)

deadheadskier

Staff member
paging POWHUNTER.

(no he didnt lose his current chef's job but if he wants to make a career move which would enable his friends to have a place to crash in the mrv, i'd be all for it)

I could use a good customer in the MRV that requires frequent visits for menu planning :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Do they need a cook? Or someone that actually knows how to cook?

Either way I don't think I'm their man, unless their menu consists of macaroni and cheese (Kraft, from the box), chicken nuggets, tater tots, and well done burgers...

paging POWHUNTER.

Sounds like a good idea to me! Steve, you should be all over this! 8)

JD

Website
hotmail.com
In reality, I have other plans. Just for giggles and grins What is rent like in that area?

A one BR apt. proll 6-800. With roomates you could do 300 a month pretty easy.
www.pitcherinn.com
Pay is actually kinda shitty. They wonder why they can't keep kitchen employees....
It is nice food though. Win's wife now owns it I believe, after the divorce.
You can apply thru craigslist add. Really just need a salad bitch...I mean garde manger cook with good prep skills.

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Doesn't your wife like to cook? You can look into them issuing you the pass and her the job.:)

I like it!
:eek: If I had the capabilities to take that job (which would be SOOOOOO wonderful, especially since that's the area where I really want to live!) I would be all over that. But since I live with a man who likes boxed mac & cheese, won't eat onions/mushrooms/peppers, and loves frozen corn dogs, I don't exactly flex my cooking muscles all that often. So they've atrophied.

Baking however, that is something that I enjoy and do indulge in...