• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Key Chain thread...how many keys do you have??

I was just taking out the trash and while getting back into my building I had to weed through all my keys..I remember the good old days when I just had a house key..now I have 8 keys..Car, building key, apartment key, work keywork deadbolt key, parents house, and mailbox key...and another key which I don't know what it belongs to but don't want to throw it out, just in case it's for a treasure chest.

Does anybody try to get into their house with their keyless entry??? I'm sort of envious of people who have cars with codes on the side..then you can ski without your wallet and keys..unless your car gets stolen..then you're screwed...and you should have identification on you..just in case. I also have a bottle cap opener on my keychain..they come in handy at parties..cracking a hotties Mikes Hard Lemonade..O.K. I'm out..

Mildcat

I was just taking out the trash and while getting back into my building I had to weed through all my keys..I remember the good old days when I just had a house key..now I have 8 keys..Car, building key, apartment key, work keywork deadbolt key, parents house, and mailbox key...and another key which I don't know what it belongs to but don't want to throw it out, just in case it's for a treasure chest.

Does anybody try to get into their house with their keyless entry??? I'm sort of envious of people who have cars with codes on the side..then you can ski without your wallet and keys..unless your car gets stolen..then you're screwed...and you should have identification on you..just in case. I also have a bottle cap opener on my keychain..they come in handy at parties..cracking a hotties Mikes Hard Lemonade..O.K. I'm out..

Wow that second paragraph went in so many different directions. :grin:

Car locks, ignition, house and garage. So four plus a bottle opener.

deadheadskier

Staff member
3 keys....auto, building and condo front door

have a second chain I keep in the house with the mail box key and key to the lock of our storage unit.

drjeff

Let's see.

CT house key, VT ski house key, VT ski house ski locker key, car key, office key, keyless button for my car, cvs extra care card, gnc gold club card. So 8 things on my key ring. The key for my wife's audi is just to cumbersome for me to keep it on my key ring all the time.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I never mastered that technique...but I broke a lighter trying..

dude i have never been able to do it either always hurt to thand i am using as the fulcrum. i did have a lighter once vaporize while trying to doing.

key hmm. house, lake house, car,car keyless, club on 45th, club on 15th, and ski rack. so that makes 8. there one one point a few years ago i had keys to like 12 different places in nyc. that was justa PITA. i would spend like 5 min at the door trying to figure out which key was which.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I separate my work keys from my personal life keys. Way too many keys on the work ring. I just leave it in the car and grab it as needed.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So do I. Rack keys, generator keys, padlock keys...arrgh. I'm always driving somewhere for work so leaving them in the console serves me well.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
that is cool. I don't trust electronic entry systems though. what happens if the system fails, but it's business critical that you gain access to that room?

i would spend like 5 min at the door trying to figure out which key was which.

It stinks for me because my keys are in two different types of shapes..either wide or pointy..and the key to my parents house looks just like the key to my building. My mom suggested using colored duct tape as a label for a key..that's way too practical so I'll go on fumbling for my keys at the door..F9ck me!!!!

It's 2008..shouldn't we have a chip in our brain for everything by now..so I can open my car like a Jedi Mind Trick..now that would be MSY Mad Steezy Yo!!!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
we're big on the card key systems with mag locks. but it's happened to fail at times. i have manual keys to get me in some locations, but not all.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
It stinks for me because my keys are in two different types of shapes..either wide or pointy..and the key to my parents house looks just like the key to my building. My mom suggested using colored duct tape as a label for a key..that's way too practical so I'll go on fumbling for my keys at the door..F9ck me!!!!

It's 2008..shouldn't we have a chip in our brain for everything by now..so I can open my car like a Jedi Mind Trick..now that would be MSY Mad Steezy Yo!!!

same problem they are all the same shape and some fit but wont turn. they do make those little rubber things so you can color code. when i at the hill the only key i bring is the car the rest saty in the glovebox.

Since this thread is quickly becoming a MS Mad Steezy thread..I thought I would post some extra key stoke!!!

#1. Old Snowboarder Maine and AndyZee would remember these keys..
#2. Alicia carries lots of keys..
#3. Remember kids..Keys don't help in the wilderness but sticks do...btw I beat that snake with that stick..

Last edited: