• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3/12/2014

Euler

I worked hard to get this impromptu ski trip with my daughter to work out, and work out it did. After plans to go to Sugarbush fell through, I was able to get us to Rutland to stay with a buddy there. On the drive up it was raining in Putney at 6:45, sleeting/mixing in Chester, and by the time we got to Rutland at 8:30 it was full blown snowing!

We skied from about 9:30 to 3:30 when we had to give up due to severe exhaustion! It dumped snow on us the entire day! After each run we'd just grin and say yet again how awesome it was. It was truly a day to remember!

Highlight included: Royal Flush - DEEP! Powerline, Double Dipper, Cascade, Superstar (I've never seen the "glacier" before...I know folks say its low this year...but WOW..there's a lot of snow there!) Also skied Jug, Jug Handle, Upper Needles Eye, Needle Eye...Chop Chop Woods...

We spent about 20 minutes looking for our car at the end of the day...all cars look alike when covered with a foot of Powder!

Tomorrow its a 9AM start at Pico followed by more fun at the Beast!