• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington during Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge?

newskier

Have never been to Killington on BMMC weekend--- Is it a complete zoo when actually skiing or is most of the chaos confined to the Bear Mountain base? I'm considering going that weekend, but am just wondering how busy the actual skiing tends to be or if most people just go for the party atmosphere and don't actually spend much time skiing . . . .I don't especially want to get taken out by a drunk so just trying to determine if I should go elsewhere instead that weekend or if the skiing is actually not that bad/crowded. . . . .Thanks!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Killington can handle a busy weekend like MLK just fine so the BBMC won't fill it up....I'm sure Bear will be a zoo but the rest of the place will be fine.

skiadikt

don't expect to park at bear. i'd expect long lines at the skye peak quad but other than that the rest of the mountain should be fine. many people come just to party. i'm actually expecting more craziness this saturday for the snoe fest featuring moe.

RENO

Bear will be a zoo that Saturday! Definitely a few out of control drunks in the area. I usually do my riding elsewhere at K and then head over to Bear to check out the party for a while. Usually a lot of fun and craziness! Glad the party is returning this year. Hopefully there will be a KZone compound...

boston_e

Agreed with above comments... my experience is that, if anything, the rest of the mountain will be less crowded than normal, because everyone will be over at Bear. Ski over at Snowdon, Canyon, Supe, Needles etc, then go over to check out the party... don't expect to "ski" in that area... figure getting down is more like making your way to the bear lodge.

newskier

Thanks--that would be my goal: avoid the crowds and try to ski as much as possible while everyone else is partying.