• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

....Killington = EPIC FAIL!!!!

Watatic Skier

Though its not confirmed that its a permanent thing, it seems pretty silly. Atleast I can claim to be one of the people who rode around that crazy turn.

bvibert

Staff member
If it's true then I'm bummed that I never got to ride that crazy thing.

UVSHTSTRM

Leave it up to Killington to trump Cannon........

Although the lift is removed, you will still be able to acess all the terrain correct? It sucks that you will have to Skye Peak on busy days. I could be wrong, but this is how it would work correct?

Puck it

I heard they are replacing it with a double cahir for $4M and the NH gov't is paying for it. Killington seceded from from Vt to NH. Remember.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Two ways to look at it

A. It really sucks that you can't lap that terrain anymore

B. It will be an even better place to find fresh tracks on a powder day because people can't lap it

deadheadskier

Staff member
How often were they even running the lift these days? I've only skied K early/late season for the past 10 years or so, so it's been a long time since I was there and those trails were open.

As a kid I skied that part of the mountain quite a bit. It's a cool, quiet area of the mountain.

jimmywilson69

typically they ran it on weekends and holidays.

I wonder if it failed inspection or something?

They could just be doing maintenance, but there has been deafening silence from K.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Taking down the South Ridge Triple with no replacement lift planned.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32424

It's the incredible shrinking mountain!!!!

What? Really? :blink:

Edit: just looked at the thread and it could be a number of things including, as mentioned, (1) new sheaves, (2) new counterweight, or most likely, (3) new haul rope. I imagine we would have heard something from them when they did the PR for the demolition of the Peak Lodge.