• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington, Y U NO Run Skype Peak Express?

gregnye

I meant Skye Peak, sorry :-D

But in all seriousness, does anyone know why they aren't running it anymore?

drjeff

I meant Skye Peak, sorry :-D

But in all seriousness, does anyone know why they aren't running it anymore?

From what I read in a thread over on Kzone, the snow and the opening of Bear, AHEAD of their planned "penciled in" schedule for the year, combined with the fact the fact the the state of VT is apparently down 1 lift inspector (they used to have 2, but one retired over the summer and hasn't been replaced) has them waiting on getting Skype Peak inspected by the state so that it can begin spinning for the year. That is supposed to happen, if it hasn't the last day or 2, any day now

MEtoVTSkier

Skye Peak Express did not run this past weekend when we opened all the Bear Mountain terrain early as it did not have its official state required inspection yet. The lift inspection which was scheduled and has now happened was on a timeline to be completed for Bear Mountain’s normal opening for Christmas week.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39670

steamboat1

Heard the snow guns roaring over there today. They weren't using those quiet low e-guns either. Skye Peak Exp. spun today, whether they were inspecting or not I have no idea. Bear was OK when I skied over there Tues., nothing was groomed.