• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

lawsuit

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I agree with them, same as politics are not allowed here, religion and God should not be mixed with government. We say "separation of church and state" but yet we do have "In God we Trust" on all of our currency. The United States has always been a melting pot, but never has it been so much so as today. Religion on the other hand, through out history has been one of the biggest causes of political strife and wars.

Now you may lock this thread :stirpot: :)

Edd

I agree with them, same as politics are not allowed here, religion and God should not be mixed with government. We say "separation of church and state" but yet we do have "In God we Trust" on all of our currency. The United States has always been a melting pot, but never has it been so much so as today. Religion on the other hand, through out history has been one of the biggest causes of political strife and wars.

I agree so strongly I just pulled something.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
as reported by CNN "Lawsuit seeks to take 'so help me God' out of inaugural"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/31/inauguration.lawsuit/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

maybe its the few Guiness's i've had....but these people belive this, then they shouldnt use US Currency as it states "IN GOD WE TRUST"

my beer is empty....off to the fridge...

It's not like "In God We Trust" was always been printed on our currancy....

The motto first appeared on a United States coin in 1864, but In God We Trust did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956. (source)

Also of note, "Under God", was only added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954 during the Red Scare.

Personally, I would rather oaths be taken referencing the spirit of the governed rather than a deity. But that is just my take and I will stop right there before I cross the line into politics.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Amen! err umm I mean right on :lol:

couldn't agree with you more

Glenn

Are these the same people that sued McDonald's because their ass got fat? This country perplexes me sometimes. Can we vote these clowns off the island?

wa-loaf

So how do you feel about putting your hand on the bible in a courthouse and swearing to God? I would imagine it wouldn't matter much and be meaningless, correct?

You don't have to. There's some way to just affirm you are telling the truth if you are an athiest in court.