• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Leaf Blower/Vac

TheBEast

Anyone have any good suggestions on a leaf blower/vac? I finally breaking down and looking to buy one. I've got a small yard, under half an acre, but have 5 large oak trees so usually takes multiple trips to the leaf dump to get rid of everything. Primarily looking for one that is a good vac. Any thoughts? Looking at a gas power Echo one at Homedepot.com....

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've got one that I really like and works great! I'm at the in-laws right now but can get you the make/model later if that works for ya

TheBEast

Thanks, just looking for what others use that they're satisfied with since I really don't know much about them. Looking to spend less time with leaves and more time with the fam.

Moe Ghoul

I've got about an acre and recently bought a Toro electric for about $70, works great so far. I don't use the vac due to Sandalwood stems that are long and ropey, so I blow em into a pile and toss em in the composte pile.

Grassi21

I have a Stihl back pack blower. The bigger one in their line. The thing is amazing, reliable, and powerful. I even break it out when we get a dusting of snow. It makes quick work of the drive way.

ski220

Anyone have any good suggestions on a leaf blower/vac? I finally breaking down and looking to buy one. I've got a small yard, under half an acre,.

With a yard that small I wouldn't think you would even need one. Do the environment a favor and rake.

Hawkshot99

We just bought a Troy-Bilt vacuum/blower at a yard sale for $150. It is awesome. Sucks the leaves out of the lawn no problem. We have not used the blower part yet. I have a nice back-pack blower for my lawn mowing that works great.

ccskier

Tecumseh back pack blower. It is like putting a honda civic on your back, thing works awesome

Glenn

Are you looking for a hand held or back pack set up...or a walk behind?