• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Leaf Peepers

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
This Fall has been great for all of the visitors to New England. I think the last time the Whit Mountains of New Hampshire looked this good was about five years ago, gotten out myself to take a lot of pictures. But one of my chores today was to go to the dump.... going from North Woodstock to Lincoln, turned right around as the traffic is bumper to bumper getting off 93!

So if you're heading to this area, expect some delays, it is beautiful though!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Yea, I concur. About as good as I have seen in a long time and what a beautiful weekend. Perfect timing for peak and local businesses from the Lakes Region to the White Mountains Region are grinning right now for sure (in between working their butts off!). S wants to get out of the house and enjoy the weather and wants to drive over the Kanc tomorrow :roll: I'm going to tell her she can drive :lol:

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
It's absolutely gorgeous here in VT, too, in the greater Ludlow/Okemo/Killington area. The mountains look like someone sponge painted them with red and gold paint. This is a huge tourists weekend; there are people everywhere.

WJenness

I was up your way today John... took my mom up to look at the leaves. Came over the rise on 93, saw the traffic to get off onto 112, hopped back into the left lane and took the back way over to the common man. A MUCH better way to get over to Loon.

We took the gondola up to the top and walked around for a bit, took some pictures, had a good time.

The mountains did look great.

-w

bvibert

Staff member
Isn't Bvibert and Severine up that way for the weekend? You might of driven right past them.

Yes we were. We didn't hit that crazy traffic until the evening, and even then we bypassed most of it.

bvibert

Staff member
Yea, I concur. About as good as I have seen in a long time and what a beautiful weekend. Perfect timing for peak and local businesses from the Lakes Region to the White Mountains Region are grinning right now for sure (in between working their butts off!). S wants to get out of the house and enjoy the weather and wants to drive over the Kanc tomorrow :roll: I'm going to tell her she can drive :lol:

We aborted any thoughts of heading over the Kanc after seeing all the traffic in the Lincoln/North Woodstock area this weekend.

noski

The leave$ in the MRV started quickly, then slowed way down to a more moderate pace. The reds were outstanding this year, lasting several days waiting for the orange to catch up. Now the reds are waning and orange is predominant with yellow coming on. Very vibrant and long lasting colors this year. I think the MRV visitor$ have been very, very happy.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
We aborted any thoughts of heading over the Kanc after seeing all the traffic in the Lincoln/North Woodstock area this weekend.
Traffic wasn't near as bad as I had expected. We drove right through Lincoln never stopping once on the way out. Got caught in the stop and go thing on the way back which was only about 10-15 minutes to get through Lincoln including a stop at a gas station. Eastern side of the pass was better than the western for colors. On the way out in the morning, we didn't see much traffic. Return traffic was only bad at the pull offs were parking lots were maxed. This was on Sunday, I am sure Saturday traffic was much worse. Southern NH should be going off by next weekend. Perhaps lower end of the Lakes Region as well though that may be past peak. Though with the colors this year, past peak next weekend will likely still be better than peak last year.

bvibert

Staff member
Traffic wasn't near as bad as I had expected. We drove right through Lincoln never stopping once on the way out. Got caught in the stop and go thing on the way back which was only about 10-15 minutes to get through Lincoln including a stop at a gas station. Eastern side of the pass was better than the western for colors. On the way out in the morning, we didn't see much traffic. Return traffic was only bad at the pull offs were parking lots were maxed. This was on Sunday, I am sure Saturday traffic was much worse. Southern NH should be going off by next weekend. Perhaps lower end of the Lakes Region as well though that may be past peak. Though with the colors this year, past peak next weekend will likely still be better than peak last year.

Glad you guys got away with not much traffic. We had to head back to CT on Sunday, when we left town around noonish it wasn't too bad, but there was still plenty of traffic. On Saturday we went up to Cannon, I was expecting to get backed up going through the notch, but it wasn't too bad even though we got a late start. We had contemplated going back and over the Kanc afterwards, but the traffic in Lincoln and North Woodstock deterred us from that idea.

We saw some really good colors during our tour of Southern VT and Western MA on the way home. Especially along route 7.

hammer

We were in Lincoln on Saturday...traffic was bad on the Exit 32 ramp so we just went up one additional exit, made our way down Rt. 3, and came down Connector Road. Traffic past there wasn't too bad. Only problem was that we wanted to take a walk up the Lincoln Woods trail, but we got out too late and the parking lot was full. :sad:

ERJ-145CA

It's even looking really great in my neck of the woods, the mountains of Jersey. It was looking good when I left for my 4 day trip that I finished today but when I was driving home today I couldn't believe it.