• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

LG appliances

skijay

Does anybody out there own an LG fridge / freezer or front load washer by them? Looking for reliability comments. Thanks.

MR. evil

A family friend owns an appliance repair biz. FWIW he has told us to stay away from LG stuff.

AWinter

I have an LG fridge and washer and dryer. The front loading washer does use less water, but it takes a while for a load to wash and you have to leave the door open so it doesn't stink, which is kind of annoying (I think this is the case on all front loaders). But, the dryer is great and the refrigerator is pretty good thus far as well. I'd recommend them all.

Geoff

I bought a front loading LG washer-dryer 2 years ago based on Consumer Reports reliability ratings. 2 years of ownership isn't enough of a data point to say much other than that I've had no problems.

I have mid-1980's Kenmore washer & dryer in my Vermont place. The local guy I use to maintain them tells me to keep them forever since they're so much more reliable and cheap to repair than new models.

skidbump

All are pieces of shit..If you take that into consideration and realize they will only last about 5 yrs..Then just purchase what ever is the cheapest...same with electronics.Most all are made with same components in same factory in china just different logos