• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift exit ramps are not at all equal. What is the worst you have experienced? Icy, Steep, Too tight?

MidnightJester

After going to Bolton Valley for the first time last weekend I have to say their "Wilderness lift" is the steepest and hardest lift exit ramp I have ever gotten off at as a boarder. For a lift exit ramp its not for early learners you are bringing along for sure. Anyone else have a lift exit ramp that Long or Steep?

Last edited:

ne_skier

Smoothest exits I can remember are the Sugar Quad at Mountain Creek and Bonaventure at Jay. A couple come to mind not for having ramps that are too steep but rather not steep enough - Green at Magic and Bailey at Camelback. The latter especially just sort of leaves you standing there and you have to push out of the way of the chair so it doesn't smack you coming around the bullwheel.

SkiingInABlueDream

Any fully loaded 8 person chair where each rider wants to turn the opposite direction as the riders next to them

But more seriously. I've had rides on the Freezer at Jay where there was almost no downslope at the offload and heavy headwind which made for tricky exits.

Last edited:

kingslug

After going to Bolton Valley for the first time last weekend I have to say their "Wilderness lift" is the steepest and hardest lift exit ramp I have ever gotten off at as a boarder. For a lift exit ramp its not for early learners you are bringing along for sure. Anyone else have a lift exit ramp that Long or Steep?
Yup..that is the one!

Smellytele

Wilderness area is not for beginners anyway.

Newpylong

Agreed, when I was snowboarding more often I used to just assume I would crash and burn getting off the double at WB. We added a bunch of fill to try to mellow out the drop but there is only so much you can do with that bull wheel right there.

Mum skier

We were there last Friday for the first time. my husband and daughter are snowboarders and after the first ride up on that they chose to ride alone!

ceo

The unload ramp on the old Peabody double at Cannon was the steepest I've ever seen, found it kind of scary as a kid.

ceo

Some detachable quads, I think mostly Garaventas, have the deceleration profile set up so the chair hits the unloading ramp at close to line speed and slows down abruptly. If you time it right it basically flings you off the lift.