• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn injured again

SIKSKIER

Looks like LV fractured her ankle training but not seriously.

QUEENSTOWN, New Zealand (AP) — Lindsey Vonn says she has fractured an ankle bone in a training crash in New Zealand.
The American skier, writing on Twitter, says "Unfortunately I crashed today and have a small fracture in my ankle. Headed home now but will keep u posted."
It is the latest setback for Vonn, who returned from serious leg injuries to set the all-time women's World Cup win record last season. She also won her seventh World Cup downhill title.
Vonn, who was in a second week in New Zealand for her first on-snow training ahead of the new season, did not say which ankle was damaged.

Mapnut

It seems to me that there's a parallel between Lindsey Vonn and Tiger Woods that they both train so hard and compete so hard (maybe that should be in past tense with respect to Woods) that they exceed what their bodies can take. Thus they're always injured. Vonn perhaps wouldn't have so many wins if she didn't exceed her limits. But surely Woods would still have been a great golfer, and probably still would be, if he was 10% less strong like a normal golfer.

A colleague once told me he rode in an elevator with Woods, and up close he looked more like a football player than a golfer.

dlague

It seems to me that there's a parallel between Lindsey Vonn and Tiger Woods that they both train so hard and compete so hard (maybe that should be in past tense with respect to Woods) that they exceed what their bodies can take. Thus they're always injured. Vonn perhaps wouldn't have so many wins if she didn't exceed her limits. But surely Woods would still have been a great golfer, and probably still would be, if he was 10% less strong like a normal golfer.

A colleague once told me he rode in an elevator with Woods, and up close he looked more like a football player than a golfer.

They said he bulked up too much!