• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Litchfield County Ski Areas Making Best of a Snowless Winter

bvibert

Staff member
I skied Butternut yesterday, coverage was pretty good and they were blowing snow all day.

Should have gone to Sundown, the coverage is excellent. So much so that they don't need to make snow during operating hours... :beer:

o3jeff

Should have gone to Sundown, the coverage is excellent. So much so that they don't need to make snow during operating hours... :beer:

I wasn't driving or paying so who was I to complain, just sat in the back seat with the kids!

Good part was I always had first tracks in the lift line with the fresh snow!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
When I went to Wachusett last week I was actually pretty damn impressed with what they've done with almost zero natural snow, even in the 1 week since Christmas. Almost every trail was open (it might even have been every trail), all lifts spinning except Vickery. It was mobbed there too compared to Christmas week, all the HS ski clubs were in full force. I rode up every lift with groups of foul mouthed fourteen year olds :lol:

4aprice

Wow Sev, nice to see you back again. Sometimes bigger isn't better. Here at my homestead (CBK Pa) they started blowing on the Hump today. Hump is always the last trail to go in meaning even in a horrid winter such as this they will achieve 100%. Not only have they expanded the terrain to this point but they also have been pouring base on to existing terrain. Great big kudo's to the snowmaking crew who have really done wonderful work this season. Once Hump and Dromedary are done we will hopefully get Cleo bumps and some normalicy (sp?) in a season that has been anything but normal.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ