• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodging around Stratton

Edd

Never skied the mountain and we're staying Sunday and Monday night. Any recommendations for lodging off property? Staying on the mountain seems too pricey for what you get. I don't mind paying good coin if its nice. Nightlife is a plus.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Red Fox Inn is close by. I've had good times in their Tavern; not sure on the quality of their rooms.

Farther away from skiing, but large denomination coin options would be the Equinox and the Reluctant Panther. I'd be more inclined to stay at the former as they have more stuff to do after skiing for the day. The Equinox is essentially VT's answer to the Mount Washington Hotel.

medfordmike

I have stayed at both the Bromley View Inn and the Alpen Rose. Both were nice. The BV has a bit more of a small hotel feel. Alpen is more basic. Both inns have great breakfast options and nice owners. I have stayed at the Inn at Stratton. It is ok. Very basic with a bad continental breakfast but right at the mountain. No nightlife at Alpen or Bromley. Inn at Stratton may be very quiet on a Sunday but more my be going on across the street in the village.

Edd

I looked around quite a bit but I landed on Stone's Lodge. Tough decision because every place I looked into had something that weirded me out. I'll check out the Red Fox.

skifree

I would think Sunday/Monday should be dirt cheap
Lift line lodge is a dive but probably get ski/stay for around $69 per night and be basically on mountain .

Red fox is a very cool bar!

Edd

First run do upper tamarack. Great run !

Yeah I'll try to ski as much as I can. Only have one ski day there and the next 2 at Mt Snow, which I've only been to once back during the ASC days.

Razor

Yeah I'll try to ski as much as I can. Only have one ski day there and the next 2 at Mt Snow, which I've only been to once back during the ASC days.

If you're skiing 2 days at Mt. Snow, maybe you should be looking around there. You could get one place for 3 days, and Stratton is not far from there. In our case, we usually stay in Brattleboro where there are numerous cheap lodging choices, loads of restaurants, and some good bars. Brattleboro is an easy 45 minute drive to either Snow or Stratton.

drjeff

If you're skiing 2 days at Mt. Snow, maybe you should be looking around there. You could get one place for 3 days, and Stratton is not far from there. In our case, we usually stay in Brattleboro where there are numerous cheap lodging choices, loads of restaurants, and some good bars. Brattleboro is an easy 45 minute drive to either Snow or Stratton.

From my place at Mount Snow across the street from the main (North) entrance to main parking lot at Stratton going the back way (Stratton-Arlington Rd off rte 100 is the easiest if you don't want to deal with dirt roads ;) )its less than 25 minutes from resort to resort

skifree

I would just stay at snow lake or similar.
Midweek is around $69 per night with lift ticket.

Hit the silo/tc's or last chair for mid-week drink and eat specials
I only stAy Brattleboro weekends ! Deodorant is optional .

Edd

I'm in the area now on my third beer. Vermont has a quality.... different from say rural Maine. I can't put my finger on it. Mainers are more stoic?