• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon, NH -- Wed 1/24/2007

Greggy

Date(s) Skied: 1/24/07

Resort or Ski Area: Loon, NH

Conditions: Mix of PP, FG, LG, harpack.

Trip Report: It flurried most of the day, but without much accumulation. Conditions were basically good and similar on on all trails I skied. Did seem that you got 3-4 turns in something closer to PP, followed by 3-4 turns in something more like frozen granular. No crowds, never waited for a lift line. A bit scraped off after noon.

Making snow on Upper Flume (must they snow blase the lift riders?), Picaroon, lower speakasy (?), and the park which had huge mounds of snow. Plus a few guns elsewhere.

Vortex

I'll be there tomorrow. I did not get to rum runner last week. Looking forward to upper Flume and I really like Picaroon, easy trail, but you don't pick up alot of speed crusing. A fun run. We were getting blasted last weekend also. They were taking advantage of the 1st real long cold spell. Snow making does not bother me quite the opposite. It does stink when the lifts stop for a bit. thankx for the update. Were they seeding moguls on Lower flume? Bump event coming up.