• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lost at Hunter-pair of K2 snowboard boots.

tekweezle

I figure it couldn;t hurt to ask here since there are alot of Hunter patrons here.

my friend lost his pair of K2 snowboard boots last year around march. he left them in the parking lot and drove off without them if you could believe it. then again, i have seen people drive off with coffee cups on their car roofs so it can happen.

the snowboard boots were step in/clicker types. He has had no luck in finding a replacement as it seems that the boots and bindings have to be a matched pair. They don;t seem to make them anymore. I think they might be useless without the bindings anyway.

anyone seen them?

dmc

tekweezle said:
I figure it couldn;t hurt to ask here since there are alot of Hunter patrons here.

my friend lost his pair of K2 snowboard boots last year around march. he left them in the parking lot and drove off without them if you could believe it. then again, i have seen people drive off with coffee cups on their car roofs so it can happen.

the snowboard boots were step in/clicker types. He has had no luck in finding a replacement as it seems that the boots and bindings have to be a matched pair. They don;t seem to make them anymore. I think they might be useless without the bindings anyway.

anyone seen them?

funny... nope haven't seen them..

But maybe it's a sign from god for your friend to abandon stepins for real bindings ;)

tekweezle

dmc said:
But maybe it's a sign from god for your friend to abandon stepins for real bindings ;)

hah! I keep telling him that but he likes the step ins. for some reason he doesn;t like to get on his butt to buckle his boots.

he bought a replacement boot/binding combo but he didn;t think it was as good as the K2 system.

dmc

tekweezle said:
hah! I keep telling him that but he likes the step ins. for some reason he doesn;t like to get on his butt to buckle his boots.

he bought a replacement boot/binding combo but he didn;t think it was as good as the K2 system.

I'm stopping by a friends consignment shop tonight.. I'll see if he's got any laying around..

Got a size?

tekweezle

i think they were size 9.5 and colored navy blue. other than being comfortable to walk around in, what use could they be if your don;t have the bindings for it?

Thanks!

on another note, what sort of "speed" buckle systems are out there for snowboards?

dmc

tekweezle said:
on another note, what sort of "speed" buckle systems are out there for snowboards?

Flows are the best.. I have a pair - but still not sold 100%.. Have had the backs pop open - can't accept that kind of failure... I'm going to try another model at some point - just to be fair.

Anything else - K2, Switch, Burton - I personally don't like the feel...