• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River valley lodging

abc

Going to Mad River valley for the weekend, and having some trouble finding suitable lodging...

Most places seem to want 2 night minimum. While I'm not surprised some places want that, but am a bit shocked that just about every place I inquired have needs 2 night!

Any one got suggestions?

Edd

The Golden Lion. Basic hotel style with breakfast included. Not even remotely fancy but the sheets are clean and the price is right. They'll give an AZ discount and it's right at the end of the Sugarbush access road. The owners seem like pretty decent people.

Cornhead

The Golden Lion was good, not the cheapest place I've stayed for basic accommodations, but the included breakfast, and outdoor hot tub were appreciated. I think there's a gas grill on the deck for customers to use also. Be sure to mention AZ if you do stay there, inquire about their MRG discount too, I had to ask, it isn't much, maybe five bucks, but hey, it'll buy you a burger, or half a burger, or bowl of chilli.

madriverjack

How about The Mad River Barn? billski might be able to tell you a little more about it? I like to stay at The Hideaway, but I've gotta try The Barn next time.

HowieT2

Hostel trevver on access road. I never been but heard only good things.

that is Hostel Tevere.

there is also the slidebrook lodge. good location. good bar. bad-communal bathrooms.

kickstand

If you can do mid-week, the Waitsfield Inn doesn't have a minimum. I stayed there for my buddy's wedding, and I really liked the place. Nice location, too, right on 100, not far from the intersection of 100 and 17.

crank

I just made reservations for this weekend at a place in Waterbury. Everything I tried in Warren and Waitsfield, and I tried a bunch of places including those mentioned above, was full for Saturday night.

noski

I just made reservations for this weekend at a place in Waterbury. Everything I tried in Warren and Waitsfield, and I tried a bunch of places including those mentioned above, was full for Saturday night.

Always, always call me if you have trouble finding lodging. At this point, the Saturday only is not going to happen unless there is a cancellation, which is always possible. BUT if you want a weekend room (2 nights), I have one for you. Call MRV Chamber at 800-828-4748 (1-800-82-VISIT). :cool: You may still be able to get out of the Waterbury reservation at no charge.

crank

Always, always call me if you have trouble finding lodging. At this point, the Saturday only is not going to happen unless there is a cancellation, which is always possible. BUT if you want a weekend room (2 nights), I have one for you. Call MRV Chamber at 800-828-4748 (1-800-82-VISIT). :cool: You may still be able to get out of the Waterbury reservation at no charge.

Thanks. I'm OK with Waterbury. I was looking for Saturday - Tuesday checkout.

twinplanx

Hmmm I'm heading up to Sugarbush next weekend, lodging for Fri/Sat is set but 3 of us will be staying till Monday. I WAS confident we would be able to find lodging on short notice. But after seeing this thread I have some concern...

ScottySkis

Hmmm I'm heading up to Sugarbush next weekend, lodging for Fri/Sat is set but 3 of us will be staying till Monday. I WAS confident we would be able to find lodging on short notice. But after seeing this thread I have some concern...

You could always stay in Burlington, hotels their are like $45 for the cheapest, and be at SB in less then 45 minutes, also the hostel down their by the Bush check out.

twinplanx

You could always stay in Burlington, hotels their are like $45 for the cheapest, and be at SB in less then 45 minutes, also the hostel down their by the Bush check out.
well I'd rather not leave the MRV if we don't have to. I have stayed at Hostel Tevere before & I would do so again. Sara & Giles made me feel right at home!! I just think splitting the cost of a hotel room between 3 people would be the more economical way to go...

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I'm a big fan of the GH and the owner. It actually a few miles south of Waterbury along Rt 100 so not a bad location. If you got the energy after skiing Jeff offers a free snowshoe walk around the property. First hand reports from today all said the skiing was good for both the Bush and MRG.