• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 2/21

mriceyman

Any reason we shouldnt hit up magic on saturday? Races going on that will cause major lines? Never been before and am dying to go. Also very limited year on hill for me having a 10 month old. Have to use my days wisely

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
There was a VARA race yesterday and (I don't know where they were, probably inside), there was no impact at all. There are races scheduled for the 21st and to be honest, I'd either call or drop them a note on Facebook - they seem responsive. Ask how many people are racing and at what times. The first report of lines I've heard was a couple weeks back on a race day.

xwhaler

If this calendar is up to date it doesn't look like any races at Magic on Saturday.
That said, they do have Winterfest and their Black Magic challenge but I don't recall in the past that event being as busy as the STE day.
If it doesn't appear like it will be super crowded on Saturday I may be there with some intermediates ready to enjoy the blues and spend $ in the BLT!

http://www.vara.org/calendar.php

mriceyman

Ok sounds like im gona be there also.. Unless this storm moves south and i have to plow in nj

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xlr8r

I was thinking of going to Magic on Saturday as well, but its looking like it will be too crowded. I might have to change plans and go to Pico instead.