• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain volunteer day #2

RustyGroomer

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

This ski was found volunteer day #1 & is now back in it's proper resting place. Rumor has it it's mate was found as well. Thankfully no body was attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

jrmagic

Nice mount for the ski Rusty! If those two are from the same pair someone somewhere has an interesting story as to how they got to where they did.

RustyGroomer

Nice mount for the ski Rusty! If those two are from the same pair someone somewhere has an interesting story as to how they got to where they did.

If those skis could only talk. They were found several hundred yards apart. Matt C. said it best. "Did this guy crash from the moon"?

slatham

I was there on Saturday for my first volunteer day - what a blast! It will not be my last (though unfortunately I can't make #3 in a few weeks). I was part of the crew that cleared East Narnia. Its to skiers.....yeah, right! I'm not telling anyone! Jim Sullivan has a "Neuralyzer" (see: Men in Black) and anyone revealing the location of off-the-map glades will have their memory erased and instructed to ski only marked trails for the rest of their life (Jim obviously has a conscience as he could instruct the hapless soul to only ski Flatton).

The mountain is in fantastic shape, with just about everything mowed and cleared (even Red Line has a crew cut). Snowmaking has been improved yet again, with Witch to Backline reclaimed. Lifts are ready to go. Black Line pub pouring a great selection of beer and serving some awesome food. Magic is the place to be!!!

THINK SNOW!!!!

farlep99

I was there on Saturday for my first volunteer day - what a blast! It will not be my last (though unfortunately I can't make #3 in a few weeks). I was part of the crew that cleared East Narnia. Its to skiers.....yeah, right! I'm not telling anyone! Jim Sullivan has a "Neuralyzer" (see: Men in Black) and anyone revealing the location of off-the-map glades will have their memory erased and instructed to ski only marked trails for the rest of their life (Jim obviously has a conscience as he could instruct the hapless soul to only ski Flatton).

The mountain is in fantastic shape, with just about everything mowed and cleared (even Red Line has a crew cut). Snowmaking has been improved yet again, with Witch to Backline reclaimed. Lifts are ready to go. Black Line pub pouring a great selection of beer and serving some awesome food. Magic is the place to be!!!

THINK SNOW!!!!

I had to miss #2 but thanks for your work!! Glad you enjoyed volunteer day. I did my first a few years back & have been back ever since!

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org

THINK SNOW!!!!

slatham,

Great to meet you Sat. I look forward to sharing some turns and shotskis!

OG

jrmagic

THINK SNOW!!!!

I'm loving having Witch to Blackline back online this year:daffy:

RustyGroomer

I love the video, but my pet peeve is when people film vertically!! Hold the phone horizontal when doing video!!!!

nice vid ;)

Guy's understudy had the vid cam on the wrong setting. It shouldn't happen again. It will be hard with his broken thumbs.