• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic

Smellytele

This is not boding well for them again...

"This has definitely been a two-week stretch that pulls us one way and then the other. And, it looks like that trend continues for today into tomorrow. This will impact Opening Day which is now set for December 26th, right after Christmas, unless an unexpected major snowstorm occurs before then."

4aprice

Echo's of 2006/2007. Alot of chatter that the cold is coming just taking its time getting here. It tough especially after last year. Hopefully we get that pattern flip and all this will be a distant memory a month from now. I certainly would take another 2006/2007 as once that flipped the back side of the season was fantastic.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

I think I will head to Mountsnow on Christmas, platty is getting to be hurting $ with missing this upcoming holiday break, hopefully lake effect starts soon.

slatham

2006/2007 start was much worse than this year. And it didn't turn that year until MLK weekend - this year looks to turn soon.

It is also a much better start than last year, and I'd bet not too far off "average" - though I am refering all areas overall and not necessarily Magic. Had magic not had the pipe issue during the early Dec cold snap they would probably be open Sat (if not last weekend).

If we can get this storm to be a net gain, and the one next week to be cold, then we will be in business.

THINK SNOW!!!!!