• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Maine 100 Mile Wilderness XC- AMC Trails 2.23.14

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com

bigbog

Nice TR Tomcat. The XC gear sure is the mode for daily mileage up there! Carrying a pair of carving-all-mtns for any optional skinning-ascents and descents might be the 2nd half of the ruling combo I think.
$.01

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I think I'm going to hit Baker and other minor peaks next fall. You had a lovely day - blue skies always make for great winter photos. You said it was icy. Guess the rains hit that far north? Thanks for the TR and the photos!

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
"You said it was icy. Guess the rains hit that far north?"

Last Friday before this outing we had light drizzle most of the day with a couple of heavier showers. The colder nights firmed it up pretty solid. BC XC gear is adequate in this area 99% of the time. FWIW there are some long slides on the east side of Baker. With a snowier year I imagine the can be skinned and skied.

Greenville has to be among the least snowiest locations in the northeast this winter.