• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 22nd..closing day at Blue mountain..

Hey All,

I'm back from my last day at Blue until December. When I went out to my car at 6:45AM there was a dusting of new snow. I stopped at Sheetz for ice and I saw Justin buying some Red Bull. I pulled into the lower lot at 7:15AM and the temperature hovered around freezing. I drank a beer in the parking lot when I booted up and me, Phillycore, and Justin were the first civilian(non patrollers) to hit the 6-pack. First run was Razors which was pretty fast and had O.K. grooming on it. Then M-Bike Bike joined us and we both had breakfast beers. Toast and Skier1112 joined us as well around this time and we skied Challenge, Razors, Switchback, the park, and Paradise. The park was pretty rough early on with lots of sandy sugar. Around 8:45AM Toast and I went to the parking lot to grab more beer along with Justin. We then High-tailed it up the lift for our 9:00AM meeting and Moe Gohl and TP4 were in the house. Barb joined us as well.

Pretty much every run was skied..the bumps were solid in the morning and the park got a little better. I hit the first 4 booters and they were all mad crispy. We saw Matt Stunt grilling up Steeze and Stevo as well. I rapped for Stevos video. A 2nd time in the parking lot meant more beers and the third and final time I had a burger and pierogies and Phillycore had a big bucket of fries which were pretty punk and overpriced. Oh Well..the food isn't very good at Blue..but I needed some food to soak up my belly full of beer. I stopped drinking beer around noon and I think I had 6 Magic Hat number 9's and a Coors light. The last several runs were getting rougher with more crowds and sloppier snow due to rising temperatures and sunshine. The weather was way nicer than I expected.

I took two wipouts today. One right at the corner turning from Homestretch to the liftline when my ski got stuck in deep crud and I ejected. My other fall was my last run in Sidewinder park. I got an edge on the lip of the 2nd booter and fell on my side..then I tried to get enough speed for the 4th booter but I came up short..ouch. I was getting tired and I bailed after a final Razors run at 1:45PM. Today was definitely a great day with alot of PASRs. It's sad that Blue is closed but I got alot of great ski days and have alot of spring skiing up north to look forward to. Now I'm going to take a nap..Holla