• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meathead DVD's $5 Today

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is a nice deal, but the shipping costs are a bit high IMHO. Not that it means much, but charging $15.00 shipping for a $40 order seems pretty steep and really defeats the purpose of a sale. Again, just my honest opinion. It made me reconsider an order today for a gift.

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
It is a nice deal, but the shipping costs are a bit high IMHO. Not that it means much, but charging $15.00 shipping for a $40 order seems pretty steep and really defeats the purpose of a sale. Again, just my honest opinion. It made me reconsider an order today for a gift.

That's surprises us too. 10-12 is the highest that usually shows and thats for priority and heavy weight. The deal is through noon Tuesday in case you want to select different shipping options.

AK

thetrailboss

Staff member
That's surprises us too. 10-12 is the highest that usually shows and thats for priority and heavy weight. The deal is through noon Tuesday in case you want to select different shipping options.

AK

Thanks for the follow-up. I had thrown two of the vintage meat sets in ($39.90). Typed in the zip and got that Parcel Post was $14.09 and Priority was $17.00. :blink: Not sure if that is an estimate or actual cost. Hopefully they can negotiate a better deal with shippers in the future.

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
Thanks for the follow-up. I had thrown two of the vintage meat sets in ($39.90). Typed in the zip and got that Parcel Post was $14.09 and Priority was $17.00. :blink: Not sure if that is an estimate or actual cost. Hopefully they can negotiate a better deal with shippers in the future.

Hmmn. Thanks for the info. That many DVD's is a sizable box. And SLC def costs more than our typical eastern ship. Will look into it though. Thanks

bdfreetuna

At least the shipping isn't as bad as those old Columbia House and BMG CD/cassette catalogs that came in the mail in big sheets of stamps.

Apparently it could cost them nearly $200 to ship a couple dozen CDs all in one box. Which took 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Hard lessons learned as a kid!

ScottySkis

At least the shipping isn't as bad as those old Columbia House and BMG CD/cassette catalogs that came in the mail in big sheets of stamps.

Apparently it could cost them nearly $200 to ship a couple dozen CDs all in one box. Which took 4-6 weeks to arrive.

I did that to but didn't have to pay since I was like 14 years old.
Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

thetrailboss

Staff member

:lol: Yeah really.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

I almost forgot about that .... that was brutal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2