• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 12-17

drjeff

Top 5 day for me ever here! And I've had over 500 days here!!

3" or so at the opening bell, 8-9" when my legs gave out about 2! Dry, blower snow except for my last run which was a 1:30 pm rope drop in Sunbrook, which I never crossed another track in 6-8" of windblown snow the whole way down!!

Rope drops all day! Skied runs today that never opened last year.

Never waited, even for the Bluebird, more than 5 minutes (more like 5 chairs for most of my 19 runs today).

And a great apres session in the Station Taproom with friends reminiscing about a memorable day!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

keyser soze

Wow, wish I could have made it out somewhere in vt. Now it may be a couple of weeks:(

Savemeasammy

I thought I would be braving the crowds today at Mt. Snow, but it was not busy at all. I didn't get on the hill until 11, so the fresh tracks were long gone (although we didn't ski much on the main face), but the snow was really, really good up until the closing bell. It was a great early season day!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Today was incredible. Light fluffy stuff. Naturals on North Face were awesome... naturals everywhere were awesome. The side of the trails at Carinthia were great. 2 powder days within a week. It just feels unreal after last year. Pics coming.

drjeff

What a difference 24hrs makes.... Saturday night's warm, wet weather did some damage :-(

2 rain soaked, sticky snow runs this morning with my son and we called it quits, and want to get down to the flatlands before the Arctic front and flash freeze predicted for this afternoon arrive!!

On the bright side, there's now once again PLENTY of water in Snow Lake for snowmaking starting in the next 24hrs!!

The joys of mother nature in New England....

The Sneak

Sorry to hear that Dr Jeff.
I am supposed to ski there this Wednesday. Do you think they'll have recovered enough by then or should I bail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MommaBear

It was the threat of Sunday weather that kept me pushing on Saturday, not wanting to quit. Knew all that beautiful powder would be gone. Feeling it this evening. Was truly grateful for the Saturday storm as it allowed my other half to FINALLY have a powder day with us.

Sneak, they were talking about firing the guns back up tomorrow. My college kid will be on the mountain come Wednesday also. Won't be the stellar conditions of Saturday, but I would think they can make a decent recovery.

drjeff

Sorry to hear that Dr Jeff.
I am supposed to ski there this Wednesday. Do you think they'll have recovered enough by then or should I bail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Close to 60hrs of GOOD temp snowmaking by Wednesday morning and things should be pretty good!

The natural trails and trees though are likely done until mother nature puts down another 6"+ either in a single storm or even a few days in a row of "chronic flurries" as I call then where upsloping just keeps it snowing lightly for an extended period of time and it eventually adds up!

Bottomline is all of Mount Snow's substantial snowmaking firepower will be cranking full bore ahead of the masses showing up next week, and they've got GOOD temps to really crank out some product! :fangun:

Glenn

Glad you made it out Jeff! Liked I mentioned on FB, we didn't even get to Stratton. Rt 30 was pretty snowy and visibility was limited. I'm sure our normal 40 minute ride would have been close to 1.5 hours. We turned around at Maple Valley and headed back to the house. Great snow in Southern VT Saturday. It was light and fluffy just north of Brattleboro.

Jcb890

Hell yeah drjeff, get it!

We were up at Killington and enjoyed similar amazing conditions. What a day to be out there! The roads up weren't good, but it certainly was worth the 4 hour drive.

Savemeasammy

Glad you made it out Jeff! Liked I mentioned on FB, we didn't even get to Stratton. Rt 30 was pretty snowy and visibility was limited. I'm sure our normal 40 minute ride would have been close to 1.5 hours. We turned around at Maple Valley and headed back to the house. Great snow in Southern VT Saturday. It was light and fluffy just north of Brattleboro.

You should have kept going. I think the best road conditions I encountered Saturday morning were on the town roads out through Dover and such after getting off 30. They were pretty well plowed (when I went through), and were much better than 30.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

You should have kept going. I think the best road conditions I encountered Saturday morning were on the town roads out through Dover and such after getting off 30. They were pretty well plowed (when I went through), and were much better than 30.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

30 can be interesting at times. Sometimes, it's well cared for...other times it's not.

Not a huge loss for the day. We went back to the VT house and I took the snowmobiles out.

drjeff

30 can be interesting at times. Sometimes, it's well cared for...other times it's not.

Not a huge loss for the day. We went back to the VT house and I took the snowmobiles out.
Glenn and Mrs Glenn and snowmobiles in a cool little So VT town where some "Dum" antics have occurred (and I may have on occasion been a part of ;-) ) are always a good time!

I'm guessing that some post ride PBR's and Pinot Grigio were involved after getting some sled time after last year's snowmobiling anemic season!! :)

Glenn

Glenn and Mrs Glenn and snowmobiles in a cool little So VT town where some "Dum" antics have occurred (and I may have on occasion been a part of ;-) ) are always a good time!

I'm guessing that some post ride PBR's and Pinot Grigio were involved after getting some sled time after last year's snowmobiling anemic season!! :)

Yes and yes! Once things were put away, it was time for some refreshments! You certainly know how those take place at the A Frame!

ScottySkis

Just curious how is Mountain Snow conditions today. I think I might go tommorow early and leave before bad weather starts? Appreciate any information.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk