• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 3/1/2014

Glenn

We arrived early today and had some solid runs. The snow was fast with the cold temps. A few early scratch spots, but mostly fast packed powder. Ridge skied well, Cascade has a few slick spots, Snowdance ripped pretty good. South Bowl was similar. Thanks Walt mid way skied great...one of my favorite sections of trails on the mountain. They had some seeded bumps on bear Trap and a guy was working on the kickers. It looked firm and was roped off. Chute skied ok, it was a little firm for the AM. According to Ski Tracks, Tuna Speed was achieved on mineshaft with a blistering 57mph. I could hear the crowd cheering from Sochi ; ) we Watched some guys hit the big arse booters on Inferno...that takes some brass.

Things got a bit busy as the day progressed. From a lift conversation, it was. CT Ski counsel day. Lines were long, but not holiday long. The Grand Summit kept stopping. One guy I chatted with on the way up commented on the amount that it stopped. I did not lead the witness.

Overall, good day. It was a lot of fun to open it up when the snow was fast and the crowds were still eating mountain muffins....

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

MommaBear

I was there too, but preferred the trees to the fast slopes - much more fun to me. With no real edge ability, I could only slide down sections of Fallen Timbers and Olympic. Trials were good - surprised by the debris (lots of broken sticks) but easily skied around or over. Jaws had nice bumps with decent snow on them - after slip sliding my way down Plummet to get to it. Challenger was also good - chunks of ice mixed in but very ski able. Free Fall was all bumped up but I didn't ski it - saw too much hardpack and ice spots from the lift. But a decent number of people were skiing it. Lifts lines on NF were short - 3 or 4 person wait at best (11 to 2pm).

Hit Sap Tapper woods on the way back to Carinthia - they were also fun. Surprised by the huge lift lines at Carinthia base when we arrived back there about 2pm. Glad we hung out on NF!

Euler

Glad to here that trees and un groomed trails are skiing ok. I'm going somewhere mon or ties this week. Sounds like mt snow wouldn't be a bad choice

gmcunni

i was back today, a dusting of snow overnight. didn't really make a big difference.

i was one of the CT Ski Council peeps, with my daughter. $48 tickets are hard to beat.

Glenn

Thanks for the woods update MommaBear. Sounds like those are worth visiting.

$48 lift tickets vs $80 something. That's a darn good deal.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.