• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 3/21 & 3/22

Jcb890

Dates Snowboarded:
Saturday 3/21 & Sunday 3/22

Resort or Ski Area:
Mount Snow

Conditions:
3/21:
First thing in the morning the snow was getting a bit choppy. Sun came out, might have hit 45 and was nice and warm. Any of the snow that was choppy early was nice and smooth and easy before and after lunch time. All of the trails rode really nice all day. I really enjoyed Long John, Thanks Walt, PDF, Fallen Timbers, Olympic, etc. Great day overall. My wife and niece enjoyed the snow on the lower parts of trails since it was nice and soft for them to practice (beginners).

3/22:
Real cold and windy! The North Face was closed all day. Most of the trails were nicely groomed. I stayed mostly over on Sunbrook where there were almost no crowds and the trails were fantastic. Had a great day overall. I will say that the snow on Long John sucked. The top was loose and directly under was hard as a rock. It made holding a nice edge tough.

Trip Report:
We had a great time overall. Tried 1900' Burger for the first time on Saturday night for dinner. Everything was pretty expensive - food and drinks. The burgers were quite good and the shakes were good also. I wish the burgers were a bit bigger for their price though. My wife got an alcoholic shake, which was delicious. I got a Knob Creek on the rocks... their liquor selection isn't great and their bourbon selection is only 2 - Knob Creek or Makers Mark (disappointing). Service was a bit slow, but it was the end of the day, so I won't complain too much about that.

We always bring our own food for lunch and breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. My wife wasn't a big fan of the coffee though. If you're at all picky about your coffee, bring your own.

Crowds weren't bad overall, but the main Summit lift on Saturday got quite busy due to Bluebird being down a while due to mechanical/electrical issues. Saturday Sunbrook and the North Face had short lines and were riding great. The North Face was ride-able even late in the afternoon due to the snow softening up from the sun. Sunday the North Face as closed due to wind all day, which was disappointing. But, had fun riding the groomers on Sunbrook. Very little crowds over at Sunbrook, basically able to go up and down.

Overall we had a great time!

Oh, and no major injuries. My wife's knees are bruised up good from falling. I took a couple of spills, but nothing bad. Shoulder is a bit sore as well as right middle finger, I believe from catching myself and putting a hand down to keep from falling once or twice.
:thumbup: