• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 6 Pack - Helicopter

drjeff

cam19-18.jpg

1 of about 180 trips to deliver the concrete to the tower sites yet to be poured today

vcunning

cam19-18.jpg

1 of about 180 trips to deliver the concrete to the tower sites yet to be poured today

Excellent screen capture Jeff. But was the message "Your Doctor is doing some important research for you . . . he will be her in just a few minutes . . . please be patient"

drjeff

Excellent screen capture Jeff. But was the message "Your Doctor is doing some important research for you . . . he will be her in just a few minutes . . . please be patient"

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately for me, today was a day spent in a classroom in that "little" concrete building in your town by the exit 39 ramp both learning and teaching, so the laptop was up and running for a bit. No patient interuption needed for that! :)

catskills

I pictured 6 customers sitting in 6 Pack chair attached to the bottom of a helicopter riding up to the top of the mountain. :razz:

That is very expensive concrete BTW. The alternative of building a dirt road and pulling concrete trucks up the mountain with a bulldozer, takes its toll on the environment.

Glenn

I was bummed I couldn't be there. We actually had the day off for the initial fly in...but Irene caused them to move the date.

drjeff

I pictured 6 customers sitting in 6 Pack chair attached to the bottom of a helicopter riding up to the top of the mountain. :razz:

That is very expensive concrete BTW. The alternative of building a dirt road and pulling concrete trucks up the mountain with a bulldozer, takes its toll on the environment.

There have been plenty of comments around Vermont the last few weeks about how impressive it is that work can QUICKLY get done, when great people doing what they do best don't have all the hassles and red tape, and expenses that excessive regulations and permit approval processes can add to a project. Basically nobody wants to do any excessive harm to the environment in the name of progress, but at the same point what is really a "reasonable" amount of regulation to accomplish this??

frapcap

I came in here expecting to see a helicopter skiing group buy/trip thread.
However, I'm not entirely disappointed.

catskills

ect. Basically nobody wants to do any excessive harm to the environment in the name of progress, but at the same point what is really a "reasonable" amount of regulation to accomplish this??
Years ago I worked at a ski area building trail, ski lifts, installing snowmaking pipe. Like farmers ski ares try their very best to retain top soil and not let it wash away. Ski areas do a very good job of reseeding as fast as possible. I personally don't think they need a government agency telling them how to do that.

BTW fringe area of ski trails are a great food source for wildlife like turkeys, pheasants, bears, ....... High canopy trees provide a limited amount of food for wildlife. Take a walk on ski trails in the summer. You will see a lot more wildlife than walking on heavily wooded hiking trails.