• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain biking in Orange County NY where to Go

ScottySkis

I was wondering since I moved here if anyone knows a good places to go where I live in Orange County or where I be moving to in a few weeks in Southern Sullivan County or any websites that might help.:thumbup:

selski

In Orange you can try Stewart. I hear it is vast, i have never been there. If you don' mind a drive you can go up past Mohonk and try Lippman park in Kerhonkson. Very cool place run by the Renegades bike club, they have a website and also offer tours. You can also come across to the Taconic Parkway and go to 909 (Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area). Going North take a right onto Tyrell Road and go until you see the parking lot. The Fats in the Cats have a website with all of these spots listed.

BackLoafRiver

Check out singletracks.com They have a trail finder that should give you most of what you need to know. Not sure if there is anything there for you but it's worth looking into.

ScottySkis

Bump

So got to Newburgh Stewart Airport park is huge I like riding their you can get lost very easily lots if bike and walking , I recommend getting a map off internet because very easy to get lost when I go back I will bring a map, huge. Then I went to Liberty NY yesterday my sick day from work. Went to Walnut mountain lots of trail on actual mountain I like this place a lot. Trees branches have been been removed lots of fun bike and walking trails. This place used to be a ski hill in 1920s and I see potential for hiking in winter for powder turns. I think I be going here a lot into it to cold to bike , and I live about 30 miles away. Anyone who is in the area who likes cross county trails in real hill I recommend coming here for sure.:)
I

ScottySkis

In Orange you can try Stewart. I hear it is vast, i have never been there. If you don' mind a drive you can go up past Mohonk and try Lippman park in Kerhonkson. Very cool place run by the Renegades bike club, they have a website and also offer tours. You can also come across to the Taconic Parkway and go to 909 (Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area). Going North take a right onto Tyrell Road and go until you see the parking lot. The Fats in the Cats have a website with all of these spots listed.

I live 20 minutes from here lots of cool trails.