• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Rumors

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The summer slump is upon us! Any past or present rumors that anybody's heard?

Here's one that I'm guessing is bogus:
I heard that Mount Snow will open steep sidecountry terrain (like Bracket Basin) to the south of Sunbrook (trail map left). It would be accessed by the x-country trail that runs between MS and Haystack, and merge with Big Dipper, in Sunbrook.

Doubtful:
Jiminy Peak wants to replace the Summit Triple with a high-speed detachable quad. I find this unnecessary with the Berkshire Express adjacent to it.

Anything you would want to share?

ScottySkis

I heard that Mount Snow will open steep sidecountry terrain (like Bracket Basin) to the south of Sunbrook (trail map left). It would be accessed by the x-country trail that runs between MS and Haystack, and merge with Big Dipper, in Sunbrook.

I always though there should be skiing their.

Anything you would want to share?[/QUOTe

I hear Platty might open the huge snow making pond this winter with more capacity.

drjeff

That's been *cough* open *cough* for years ;) Just don't tell the USFS that a few folks might have done a little minor forestry work in there over the years ;) ;) In all seriousness though if you drop in too far down towards Haystack off the trail its a LONG trek out!(and it's easy to do so since during the 1st part of the trail you have to climb a bit up and over to get access and by the time the trail really opens up direct access to the face, you're pretty close to the point where when you ski down that you're going to miss an "easy" return point to the Sunbrook trails.

In general though when it comes to sidecountry and Mount Snow, there's nothing to look at ;) :)

catskillman

I am surprised at the lack of rumers about Hunter and it's fate since Orville passed away.

this will prove interesting........

Newpylong

Express train pass from NYC to Vermont ski hills. Real express not slow as* one we have now.

Are you going to pay to build a new right of way, free of grade crossings and freight, and basically straight from NYC to Rutland?

If not, don't expect any changes. Common sense goes a long way sometimes.